Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you suggest a CVT Jatco7 car in 2021?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No, she just traded for a 2021 Toyota HRV, her warranty is out as 2nd owner on the Suzuki. I made an appointment for my chirping noise for next week (assuming something got wet in heavy rain) my trans noise is only when cold and on slight acceleration. Stops chirping in S mode. 19,000 miles on mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Augh - you're absolutely right, and I didn't even think of it. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

I was focused on trying to bring together all the posts placed in various threads and couldn't easily settle on how to go about it. What irony. It's the best.

Is it too late to say Fummins made me do it?
    Who is Kirk?? Sorry for the OT.

Regarding CVT Jatco7 still to me sounds like rolling dice: some had decent mileage, and some other problems before <<30k mileage...more lost than before LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That would explain it, especially since that thread got locked.

Oh and sorry for apparently making you look stupid. I never intended for that to happen much less think it would be possible.

Now if I could only figure out how to animate an avatar here...
    I don't care, if I did I'd take my ball and start my own forum with hookers and blow.

I googled gif avatar and whatever the size limit is here, done and done. Animated avatar. I'm not fandangled enough to make my own gif.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by karmakoma View Post
    Who is Kirk?? Sorry for the OT.

Regarding CVT Jatco7 still to me sounds like rolling dice: some had decent mileage, and some other problems before <<30k mileage...more lost than before LOL.
    What??

I haven't seen a Cvt failure in a mirage before 30,000km or miles. For suzuki wth knows, the only suzuki I had was almost as old as me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The question is not covid related and I know that suzuki doesn't sell in Canada these models (Or any other)....the fact is that Mirage or Ignis or whatever xtronic...it is always the same Jatco7 so I have written here to collect experience sinc ein European forum ar enot so frequently easy to find.
    I add another question: How does it work the engine brake with a CVT transmission? Is there any, or we just expect to double the consumption of the brakes???

I don't know different mfg have different programming. The cvt in these cars have constant tension on the belt. Yes they have engine braking. Have you not driven a cvt vehicle? I'd buy a MItsubishi Mirage cvt cause they're light and have 75ish horsepowers. The spark and nissans that also share the same model jatco cvt have noticably more power and have shift differently and don't seem as reliable imo. As for suzuki, who knows. I had an sj410 once so based on that I'd buy another.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't know different mfg have different programming. The cvt in these cars have constant tension on the belt. Yes they have engine braking. Have you not driven a cvt vehicle? I'd buy a MItsubishi Mirage cvt cause they're light and have 75ish horsepowers. The spark and nissans that also share the same model jatco cvt have noticably more power and have shift differently and don't seem as reliable imo. As for suzuki, who knows. I had an sj410 once so based on that I'd buy another.
    When I was in Turks and Caicos I saw a bunch of CVT Suzukis and Nissans on the island. I'd venture Suzuki does just fine with JATCO because there isn't hardly any articles or threads about failures. Nissan forums on the other hand.......

I heard suzuki cvt's could be the leading cause of the newest covid strains.

karmakoma, how long are you planning to keep the car?

I suspect the most durable car on your short list will be the old Yaris hybrid.

FYI: the eCVT in Toyota's hybrids is purely gear-based. No belts, no clutches, no torque converters, no synchros. It's likely the most reliable transmission of those 3 cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-18-2021)