Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 SE fog lights?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouvermirage View Post
    Is this intentional or should I stop by the dealer and ask them to fix it?
    Wouldn't hurt to ask the dealer to at least explain what's going on. It's new to us here and it would be great if you could share what your dealer has to say because it looks kinda fishy. Makes you wonder if other Mirages have the same thing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

As I described in my original post, the switch does nothing to the fog lights
    Then you do not have "fog lights". All cars have a fog light switch. They even have a rear fog light switch. All the ads in the links I posted show 2020 and 2021 Mirages in Canada with drl in the fog lights.

Look it up on Mitsubishi canada site. The only models that came with Fog lights for 2020 is the GT. Though they aren't always very accurate.

I guess you could take it back to the dealer and ask why it doesn't have fog lights that it isn't supposed to have and either try to rewire or reprogram the etacs modules?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Then you do not have "fog lights". All cars have a fog light switch. They even have a rear fog light switch. All the ads in the links I posted show 2020 and 2021 Mirages in Canada with drl in the fog lights.

Look it up on Mitsubishi canada site. The only models that came with Fog lights for 2020 is the GT. Though they aren't always very accurate.

I guess you could take it back to the dealer and ask why it doesn't have fog lights that it isn't supposed to have and either try to rewire or reprogram the etacs modules?
    Are you unable to see pictures Fummins? I think it’s pretty apparent mine has the fog lights installed. That said, your grammar is somewhat unclear so I’m not entirely certain I understand what you are saying.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Are you unable to see pictures Fummins? I think it’s pretty apparent mine has the fog lights installed. That said, your grammar is somewhat unclear so I’m not entirely certain I understand what you are saying.
    I know that I am confused, but it's not the first time.

All the features are listed on the window stickers of American cars. If fog lights were standard, they would be listed as standard equipment on the window sticker. Optional items are usually listed with an additional cost.

For example floor mats were listed as standard equipment in 2017, but they became listed as optional equipment (extra charge) in 2018 or 2019.

According to the Canadian website, fog lamps are standard in the GT. If an ES or SE has them, they should be listed as added optional equipment (unless the Mitsubishi website is wrong).

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Yes You do have foglights installed, but since DRL is mandatory in Canada and Mirage's headlamp does not have built in DRL's they use foglights as DRLs instead. This is why foglights not listed in trim specification.
    Last edited by FreeYourSOUL; 01-25-2021 at 12:35 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2021)

Okay, if you click on the links I post you will see a bunch of 2020 Mirage's in Canada that have DRL where the fog lights would go. DRL are not very bright. I'm assuming for some 2020 models they installed fog lights and wire them for use as drl or they might be different from the normal fog lights?

https://pictures.dealer.com/s/souths...1195996427.jpg
    Attachment 20480

https://pictures.dealer.com/s/souths...y=resize&w=768

I don't think there is anything wrong with your car. Like others said, it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone at the dealer could explain wtf is happening and how things work, but good luck finding a Mitsu dealer that can give you more info about these cars than this forum can.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with your car. Like others said, it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone at the dealer could explain wtf is happening and how things work, but good luck finding a Mitsu dealer that can give you more info about these cars than this forum can.
    Ok that makes a ton of sense thanks. The only weird thing is that the 2020 ES does not have the fake fog lights, they are just plastic circles. The salesman even pointed it out. That said, that salesman was not an expert at all. I’m pretty bummed out I didn’t get working fog lights.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    there are DRLs in the light fixture tho, it’s the small orange lights on the inner light fixture

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Yes You do have foglights installed, but since DRL is mandatory in Canada and Mirage's headlamp does not have built in DRL's they use foglights as DRLs instead. This is why foglights not listed in trim specification.
    I am still confused?

Are you saying all Mirages have fog lights in Canada to cover the DRL mandate? If I go to build a 2020 or 2021 ES or SE on the Canadian website, the Mirages are shown without any fog lights. The fog light area is just filled in with a black plastic circle that can be punched out for an optional fog light installation. When I go to build a GT, the fog lights appear on the Mirage. Maybe the website is whack, too?

If Mitsubishi was relying on fog lights to cover the DRL mandate, all the Mirages would have them. Fog lights appear to be an add on feature for the ES & SE trim levels there.

This Mirage was shared on the forum recently, & it doesn't have fog lights. How is its DRL mandate covered then?

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/mits.../#vip=18529016

If all Mirages have fog lamps, why is it listed as extra feature for the GT trim level?

I live in Wisconsin. Why do I care? That's the bigger question!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-25-2021 at 02:26 AM.

there are DRLs in the light fixture tho, it’s the small orange lights on the inner light fixture
    Those small orange lights are not DRLs, they are just parking lights.

What does your 2020 Mirage Owner's Manual say about the lights on the vehicle?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2021)