Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 SE fog lights?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2020 SE fog lights?

We just purchased a 2020 SE today. The salesman told us that this model has fog lights, and there are indeed fog lights installed, but activating the switch does not turn them on. They turn on automatically while the low beams are turned off, but as soon as the low beams are turned on, they turn off. Turning the specific fog light dial does not turn them on, nor does any indicator on the dash ssuggest that there are fog lights.

I need to know, does the SE have fog lights that are present but not possible to activate, or did I receive a lemon?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouvermirage View Post
    We just purchased a 2020 SE today. The salesman told us that this model has fog lights, and there are indeed fog lights installed, but activating the switch does not turn them on. They turn on automatically while the low beams are turned off, but as soon as the low beams are turned on, they turn off. Turning the specific fog light dial does not turn them on, nor does any indicator on the dash ssuggest that there are fog lights.

I need to know, does the SE have fog lights that are present but not possible to activate, or did I receive a lemon?
    Hello vancouvermirage and welcome to the forum.

I wonder if you received aftermarket foglights? OE foglights only turn on when the headlights are on, and they illuminate an indicator light on the dashboard. Or maybe Mitsubishi has changed their operation since I bought mine? This is interesting.

Is your foglight control a momentary rotary switch on the left-hand turn signal stalk or is it located somewhere else?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Pics?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts

Your 2020-21 trim levels are ES, SE, & GT.

According to the Canadian Mitsubishi website, the GT has "front fog lamps". These are not listed for the SE trim level.

https://shop.mitsubishi-motors.ca/build/trim-level

We have found errors on their website in the past, but do you have daytime running lights, fog lights, or both?
    Last edited by Mark; 01-25-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think what you see are the Daytime running lights. According to Mitsubishi.ca you have to go to the GT to get factory fog lights in the 2020's. All models come with the switch & they can be added as an accessory... Sorry but someone correct me if I'm wrong....
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I think what you see are the Daytime running lights. According to Mitsubishi.ca you have to go to the GT to get factory fog lights in the 2020's. All models come with the switch & they can be added as an accessory... Sorry but someone correct me if I'm wrong....
    There is definitely a difference between daytime running lights & fog lights. The original post does sound like daytime running lights operating instead of fog lights.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    There is definitely a difference between daytime running lights & fog lights. The original post does sound like daytime running lights operating instead of fog lights.
    I would expect or at least hope that a Canadian from Vancouver would know the difference between DRLs & foglights, or is that unreasonable? I mean aren't DRLs mandated in the Canada?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I would expect or at least hope that a Canadian from Vancouver would know the difference between DRLs & foglights, or is that unreasonable? I mean aren't DRLs mandated in the Canada?
    I worked as a Mechanic in Ford dealerships for ~20 years, & some people I saw hired to sell cars were .... lets say "not car people" .... Yes DRL's are mandated in the state of Canada...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

I don't know how the 2020's are? Maybe they installed drl in the fog light holes for some cars? Here's a 2020 ES(base model) in Vancouver that looks to have "fog lights". Or maybe they just used a stock photo in the ad? https://www.vancouvermitsubishi.com/...90280c4144.htm The strangest part is the fact they're asking $18k for a base Mirage. WTF over!

As everyone already explained, to turn the fog lights on you need to have the headlights on(low beam) then rotate the foglight part of the switch forwards. Then the green fog light should light up on the cluster. Fog lights don't/won't turn on if the headlights aren't on. DRL on all the Mirages I've seen 2014-2019 turn on when you start the car and the park/emergency brake is OFF. And all the drl on the Canada Mirages Base-es plus' models (at least up to 2019-in alberta at least) turn on the high beam element of the headlights with lower voltage.

I do recall seeing a Mirage or two in town here driving around with just the fog lights on, either they were aftermarket lights wired with a toggle switch or maybe some 2020's are just different? Look at this listing in Edmonton. Some of the cars have the fog lights on with no other lights....https://www.southsidemitsubishi.com/...i&model=Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I forgot DRL were mandated in Canada. Fog lights must have been added to their SE trim level.