Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market Madness

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I managed to make a little bit on slv stock I bought on Friday at 24.85, sold it this morning at $27.75.
    DAMN son GAINS!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sure no gme stock with 2000% gains lol
    Something I find so funny is a few years back gamestop proposed giving store managers stock options instead of bonuses and the manager turn that down outright as everyone assumed gamestop would already be out of business.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on the gains, Fummins! Very smart move not getting greedy! In and out, smash and grab, ftw!

For anyone like me who isn't able to jump in on the fun, it seems Popeyes is giving out some free tendies in honor of the wallstreetbets retards. Those alone will more than triple the size of my portfolio!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    More luck to post about. Sold slv at 27 whatever on monday,and put that money into GM at $51.03.

So far so good, 53.50 and climbing. I'll probably be into Berkshire Hathaway stocks by next week. Or it'll drop to $20 and I'll be eating cat food.
    If you post videos of eating the cat food on social media you'd probably get more kick back money than that stock is going to gain you.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-03-2021),PityOnU (02-03-2021)

I finally did okay with my CN stocks earlier this morning! I bought a bunch earlier this year at $138, then they dropped to $129. I sold at $155. I planned to use the money this month anyways so that was good timing.

Edit: I forgot to add this
    Attachment 21947
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-03-2021 at 05:57 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I finally did okay with my CN stocks earlier this morning! I bought a bunch earlier this year at $138, then they dropped to $129. I sold at $155. I planned to use the money this month anyways so that was good timing.

Edit: I forgot to add this
    Attachment 21947
    And now it's trading at $160....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The old saying is: that you should never try to time the stock market, investment is best served long-term.

CN would be an old "blue chip" stock; i.e, safe to put your money in, and a good bet for growth. Same with banks like RBC, etc.

I have tried, and failed, to buy and sell at the proper time... more than once. I have also seen huge 20+% gains in my funds almost overnight. I have never had the big bucks to really start raking in the free money.

Land and real estate, and even currency exchange are other ways to make money, however I do some regular-style investments. May as well, if you get a decade of high inflation, then your cash savings lose value too. But currency can itself grow and contract as well. So yea

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, I would have preferred to not sell but I planned to flog them this month and they were at an all time high. I didn't want to get greedy. I already had plans back in February to use the cash to buy a hoist(which still hasn't been shipped) and beer lol

No more buying crap I don't need for a while. Other than maybe a semi...

Somewhat off topic but kinda investment related....I found this honestdoor.com site a while back when house shopping. Depending on the area, you can sometimes find tax assessments, what the house last sold for and what they "value" it at. They claim my house went up almost $50k from what I paid 3 years ago. It shows my previous cheap house still being cheap and didn't change much.
    I use that site to compare my sibling and parents' house values lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That website is saying my house is worth over 450k, and then the house behind me, is worth 300k.

Mine is a 1910 wooden bungalow, and behind me is a 1975 era brick ranch. So that doesn't make sense. I wouldn't take too much to those numbers. However, my house is worth a lot more than what the tax assessment has it valued at. So it's confusing these days.

My house is worth WAY less than my neighbours. Still, lots of people are paying over price, and no-questions asked, no inspections purchases.

For real estate, I go by the motto: buy the cheapest house, on the nicest street you can afford.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

It's relatively accurate out this way. At least the ones that I've looked at. Places in the boonies might not be so much.

One house on my street is listed right meow for 425, honestdoor says it's worth 419. It'll probably sell close to that unless it's a
    grow-op or meth lab.