Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stock Market Madness

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Housing is getting very expensive. I hope to have my house paid off in 4 to 5 years, even if I got a car upgrade, still totally feasible.

But for the suckers getting into the housing market right now from scratch.. well good luck. However, my area of Ontario is a lot more affordable than other areas in the Golden Horseshoe for example, or Ottawa/Hull. Even my old apartment 10 years ago is probably twice as much rent as the $600 I paid. At the time I felt that apartment was a lot of money. Original appliances, yellow ceiling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Definitely an edge of the forum kind of thing, but what's everyone's opinion on the madness going on with Gamestop stocks right now? Anyone here along for the ride?

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I'm too early on in my life/career in order to have decent chunks of disposable income lying around, or else I probably would've totally been gambling on this one. At the moment, however, my risk tolerance is 0% and any money I do have is already spoken for in the short/medium term future.

My opinion on the situation as well - a total gamble. Put your money in and pull that lever! Such a frenzy that it could easily go either way. Already mega-overinflated stock.
    Did you ever end up buying any zero risk tolerance stocks? I bought and sold a bunch over the last year and surprisingly did end up slightly ahead overall. I recently sold a bunch to pay for my hoist but still have some Td stocks that have been doing really well and pay a relatively decent dividend. But I know next to nothing about stocks and just wing it. Instead of buying and selling trying to make a quick buck I plan to just plant money into safe(ish) stocks with a long good track record(banks, railroads etc) and just leave it alone and let it ride out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Did you ever end up buying any zero risk tolerance stocks? I bought and sold a bunch over the last year and surprisingly did end up slightly ahead overall. I recently sold a bunch to pay for my hoist but still have some Td stocks that have been doing really well and pay a relatively decent dividend. But I know next to nothing about stocks and just wing it. Instead of buying and selling trying to make a quick buck I plan to just plant money into safe(ish) stocks with a long good track record(banks, railroads etc) and just leave it alone and let it ride out.
    Fummins i think what your describing is the S & P 500, you can purchase it as an ETF called the SPY, it generally speaking over a long time does better than most intelligent people trying to buy and sell to make quick money. heres an interesting read about the topic https://www.wallstreetphysician.com/...s-hedge-funds/
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

357sigman (01-14-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What is that Warren Buffett quote about thinking long term about investing?

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago"

That is why compound interest is known as the 8th wonder in the world. I think Einstein said that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Looking at my stock charts is almost a mirror image of late Feb-today in 2020. Who'd a known....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Time to dump another 1 post "member."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineTurner View Post
    It's a wild ride with Gamestop stocks, and watching the events unfold has been interesting. While it can be tempting to jump in and take a chance, it's important to remember that the stock market is always a gamble, and risks are always involved. It's always a good idea to think carefully before making any investments and use services helping to predict the potential of strategy (like https://fbs.com/blog/metatrader-4-vs-metatrader-5-which-is-better-in-2022-3040). Or at least starting slowly can prevent significant losses.
    Please tell us about your Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Time to dump another 1 post "member."

Banned

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Banned
    You da man!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Banned
    Bummer! I wanted to hear about his Mirage.