thank you!

(blank signature)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    The lights I got are actually Auxito lights and they work great in a halogen reflective casing but the design for the mirage thats for the halogen doesnt work in this projection. What I need to find is a car that uses 9003 bulbs and has projections that arent HIDS.
    Like these? https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAE

https://www.amazon.com/Heinmo-Astigm.../dp/B0822S2BKR
    Name:  51O12mvInaL._AC_SY355_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  18.0 KB
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nevermind, l'm not sure if the ones above will fit in reflector housings bc they interfere with the chrome alignment piece inside the reflector housing...

Buy at your own risk...

Just use HIDs.
    Last edited by MirageRally; 02-01-2021 at 12:11 AM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Why not just go with hid bulbs?
    Already hacked up the housing from HID to LED just to see what could be done. Worst case scenario I'll just buy them again and run them as HID but i'd like to be able to figure out how to get LED working.

I'd love to get my hands on a wrecked 2021 in a few years and convert the whole front though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didnt see a single car that said with projector lights. They all say without projector lights. And yes you remove the reflector from a halogen housing if you use those styles.

Btw this topic isnt a "Just use hids"

Also not to come off as hostile this also isnt a "I want to chime in with my 2 cents but I dont have any actual advice that helps or knowledge on the subject"

If you've got legit suggestions do tell but the rest kinda useless.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...HJSBHO04&psc=1 I think going with something thats got more sides is the trick here. We shall see.
    Last edited by Clessy; 02-01-2021 at 02:23 AM.

I didnt see a single car that said with projector lights. They all say without projector lights. And yes you remove the reflector from a halogen housing if you use those styles.

Btw this topic isnt a "Just use hids"

Also not to come off as hostile this also isnt a "I want to chime in with my 2 cents but I dont have any actual advice that helps or knowledge on the subject"

If you've got legit suggestions do tell but the rest kinda useless.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...HJSBHO04&psc=1 I think going with something thats got more sides is the trick here. We shall see.
    I had a legit question.

Good luck with your quest.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-01-2021 at 12:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a legit question.

Good luck with your quest.
    Like I said I didnt mean to come off as hostile Im just seeing if anyone actually is an expert on beam patterns and understands why im not getting the results even though others have done this and it works. Hell I've done it on another car I have with projection casings and it works. It's just baffling. I just assume the lens in this arent bouncing the light patterns the way I need and that light pointing forward in the spot thats a dead spot would be my next logical thing.

I can't help you there.

I could probably get some schematics for the gt lights if you can't find led's that work well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't help you there.

I could probably get some schematics for the gt lights if you can't find led's that work well.
    I guess what it comes down to is there has to be something different about a bi xenon projection housing that uses a Halogen bulb vs one that uses a HID. Though one would assume its just a ton of reflectors all the way around.

Btw I get that I was coming off as doucher. I wanna say this has to be one of the best communities as far as car help is concerned. I dont want it to look like I don't appreciate the help because I do. I wouldnt post here if it wasnt so helpful.
    Last edited by Clessy; 02-01-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Btw I get that I was coming off as doucher. I wanna say this has to be one of the best communities as far as car help is concerned. I dont want it to look like I don't appreciate the help because I do. I wouldnt post here if it wasnt so helpful.
    Sorry you’re not getting the answers you are looking for. Maybe it’s because you are modifying in a way that hasn’t been done before?

But lots of us are here for the lolz trying to outwit each other that’s all. Maybe a responsible adult will stop by soon to pull this out of the weeds and back on the road. Stream of consciousness rambling is what we do best. Sorry about that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Clessy (02-01-2021),PityOnU (02-01-2021)