Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My HID to LED nightmare

Next time I'll preface with, "I don't mean to come across as hostile but...." then you shouldn't take so much offence lol

Sounds like maybe you need a time out.

I tried to help you. You just keep acting like a child. Did you even read the thread I posted for you? I tried. Maybe check out facebook and share your feelings there instead?

Anyways. I wasn't posting here to be a douche, I was trying to help you out. Others, even the mod eggman thought otherwise and probably helped trigger you into thinking otherwise.

The threads of the lexus hid to led swap were the only ones I could find where someone took a car that used the exact same headlight bulb that the GT MIRAGE does and they found LED HEADLIGHT BULBS TO FIT AND WERE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS.

And others claimed it was a totally pointless waste of time. I know reading is hard, but comprehension is sometimes harder.

And yeah, clutch fluid was just a jab. You started it.

again, here are the posts https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post123923

Last edited by Fummins; 02-03-2021 at 01:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-03-2021),AtomicPunk (02-03-2021),Basic (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Ok let’s pull this back and go back to being the nicest car forum on the internet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Next time I'll preface with, "I don't mean to come across as hostile but...." then you shouldn't take so much offence lol

Sounds like maybe you need a time out.

I tried to help you. You just keep acting like a child. Did you even read the thread I posted for you? I tried. Maybe check out facebook and share your feelings there instead?

Anyways. I wasn't posting here to be a douche, I was trying to help you out. Others, even the mod eggman thought otherwise and probably helped trigger you into thinking otherwise.

The threads of the lexus hid to led swap were the only ones I could find where someone took a car that used the exact same headlight bulb that the GT MIRAGE does and they found LED HEADLIGHT BULBS TO FIT AND WERE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS.

And others claimed it was a totally pointless waste of time. I know reading is hard, but comprehension is sometimes harder.

And yeah, clutch fluid was just a jab. You started it.
    I did read that and It is very helpful. I still however stand by my points and you know im right.
    Last edited by Clessy; 02-03-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'll leave you with this "if it ain't broke, fix it until it is"
    I agree with you, because I do this often lol. I just am not following the point of this post myself. You cannot claim 'plug & play' for HID to LED, and why would you when projectors themselves are designed for HIDs and their respective consistent light output. Aftermarket LEDs don't do that, even in reflector housings no matter what anyone thinks. The LEDs that come factory are engineered for their respective housings. Will LEDs work in Halogen projectors, sure. However, HID projectors are designed for HIDs and just swapping LEDs will never give the output of OEM. If anyone says otherwise, they're wrong. Sorry, when it comes to proper light output/lack of glare, LEDs are inferior to HIDs.
    (blank signature)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Clessy (02-03-2021),Fummins (02-03-2021),inuvik (02-03-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    It took me some time to figure out what @Clessy is trying to explain in this Forum.

The light emitted by a regular halogen bulb is equal on both horizontal and vertical planes (full 360 degree coverage for the high beam in H4 and partially blocked for the low beam) as the filament is cylindrical in shape.

In the case of LED lighting, this is not the case however, despite the claims of the manufacturers as the LED sources are only placed on 2 sides opposite each other.

The full 360 degree circle cannot be fully covered, hence, the V-pattern dark spots on top and bottom areas exist.

I am not sure on the size of the original HID bulb but maybe this type of bulb would suffice to cover the full-360 degrees.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000061345615.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Clessy (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    It took me some time to figure out what @Clessy is trying to explain in this Forum.

The light emitted by a regular halogen bulb is equal on both horizontal and vertical planes (full 360 degree coverage for the high beam in H4 and partially blocked for the low beam) as the filament is cylindrical in shape.

In the case of LED lighting, this is not the case however, despite the claims of the manufacturers as the LED sources are only placed on 2 sides opposite each other.

The full 360 degree circle cannot be fully covered, hence, the V-pattern dark spots on top and bottom areas exist.

I am not sure on the size of the original HID bulb but maybe this type of bulb would suffice to cover the full-360 degrees.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000061345615.html
    Exactly this is my thoughts. Granted I cant use a HID style DS bulb now that i've got everything set for a 9003 connect but I figure if I get a LED that all the way around and forward in all directions this solves the problem. But thanks so much. Im just wanting on various types of bulbs to arrive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Just curious why you chose to go this route instead of just upgrading to a 55 watt HID bulb instead of the 35 watt OEM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Just curious why you chose to go this route instead of just upgrading to a 55 watt HID bulb instead of the 35 watt OEM.
    Honestly I didnt want to cut any oem wiring or have anything in my wifes car "rigged". I'd put leds into 2 other projection style lights with 0 issues. Had I of known what I know how i'd have just wired the HIDS or just put led lights in the Halogen housing and called it a day. I like toy around with stuff too and as far as car parts are concerned this is pretty inexpensive.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Finally got around to just fixing these.

Next time I'll read and just wire hids as it would have been way easier. I had to do this to not waste the money i'd spent on the lights tho

Put tiburon projectors into it and then cut the mounting for 9003 so the circle was smaller. Everything uses the original wiring and its now plug and play.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUNH0H7rIxs/

Name:  244048908_10165649960230117_5155117350182433481_n.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  86.6 KB

Moral of the story. Listen to what people tell you and read.
    Last edited by Clessy; 09-30-2021 at 02:33 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-30-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Finally got around to just fixing these.

Next time I'll read and just wire hids as it would have been way easier. I had to do this to not waste the money i'd spent on the lights tho

Put tiburon projectors into it and then cut the mounting for 9003 so the circle was smaller. Everything uses the original wiring and its now plug and play.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUNH0H7rIxs/

Name:  244048908_10165649960230117_5155117350182433481_n.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  86.6 KB

Moral of the story. Listen to what people tell you and read.
    Name:  IMG_20200627_074351~2.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  93.2 KB

im also using the OEM HID headlight on mine and honestly its still hard for me to see it its raining at night i might also just upgrade my foglamp to LED to increase road visibility.