Thread: Rear diffuser recommendation?

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rear diffuser recommendation?

Hello, I am looking for a good looking diffuser for my mirage 2014 model. I've searched on ebay and amazon for some universal ones but I am not really sure which one would fit.

Any suggestions?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johhan View Post
    Hello, I am looking for a good looking diffuser for my mirage 2014 model. I've searched on ebay and amazon for some universal ones but I am not really sure which one would fit.

Any suggestions?
    Hello Johhan and welcome to the forum.

Could you better describe what you mean by a rear diffuser? Maybe it is what we call a spoiler?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Name:  08EF9847-0A5D-4744-A7F9-48D838BEF964.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  90.8 KB

I saw in another thread this but their eBay links seems to not work and it seems that that one is custom made as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you're not in thailand or India theres really not much aftermarket for the cars. You'll probably need to measure the bottom and just by a defuser with the right length and width then model it to the car. If you haven't done any body work before this probably isnt the first challenge i'd take on as its a lot of work.

Btw the mirage in that picture looks awesome love what looks like enkai wheels.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    If you're not in thailand or India theres really not much aftermarket for the cars. You'll probably need to measure the bottom and just by a defuser with the right length and width then model it to the car. If you haven't done any body work before this probably isnt the first challenge i'd take on as its a lot of work.

Btw the mirage in that picture looks awesome love what looks like enkai wheels.
    Yeah. I inspected a bit the bumper area where it goes and it seems that I would need to attach it with some screws and what not. I think I may go to a local workshop and see what they suggest.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah. I inspected a bit the bumper area where it goes and it seems that I would need to attach it with some screws and what not. I think I may go to a local workshop and see what they suggest.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-V...gAAOSwGMVfhsVr

Think something like this would be the easiest. You'll need a way to apply serious heat like a heat gun to get it to bend around and fit on your back bump flush. You can then rivit or screw it in.

Keep us posted as i'd love to see what you come up with the results.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  08EF9847-0A5D-4744-A7F9-48D838BEF964.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  90.8 KB

I saw in another thread this but their eBay links seems to not work and it seems that that one is custom made as well.
    Hey,

Its my car. You would have to look for in ebay a universal diffuser. Make sure you do measurements first. Trimming would be required too so you’ll need an angle grinder. It was not a perfect fit for me but i made it work after trimming the diffuser. The exhaust may interfere with the diffuser since its blocking it, so making a hole on the diffuser may be required. Check out my profile to see the pics.