Quote Originally Posted by Mark
there's nothing offered today that I like better than what I already have.
True that! I did a fueleconomy.gov search just now for 87 octane gas, and a manual transmission for 1995-2021.

The only things higher ranked than the Mirage:
'00-'06 Honda Insight (49, 61), Which is a two seater and I wasn't terribly impressed the one time I drove one.
'03-05 Honda Civic Hybrid(38, 45), Which I hear is a nice driving substantial feeling car, but never really interested me.
'95-'00 Geo Metro(37, 44), To which I'm very attached, obviously

Mirage is listed (33, 41) in comparison but I think that's a lie. Maybe they test new cars harder but I'm near certain it has 2 or 3 mpg over the Metros. So for straight comparisons with older cars let's say (39, 47).

With that adjusted ranking it is second most efficient car after only after the venerable Insight.

Besides a Bolt or I-Miev should gas get outrageous there's nothing I'd rather own either. Though I am half tempted to drive my 350k mile cosmetically sad car to the Tesla showroom and ask to test drive a model 3 just to see how they react, lol, and those are about $40K as this thread is saying the average is. Spending as much on a car as I did on my house is out of the question though, don't get how that makes sense to anyone. More shocking was that the used average is 27K!

I won't necessarily rule out getting a rust free desert Metro in my favorite color but really I shouldn't. I'm frustrated by having so many cars as it is.