Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rims and Tire Size

I've had good luck buying from quattro and pmc tire.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Well i went with the 175 65 r14 tires but I would like to get some nice looking rims. Not crazy about stock rims and hub caps. Thats my next project. Might just leave the tires and rims as they are for winter since they are winter tires. And go tires and wheels. But will stick with the 14 inch wheels. Just got to find a good place in ottawa for a good deal on wheels and tires installed.
    I don't know what it's like where you live, but my Mirage would be useless some days without good snow tires up front during the winter months. I like using up my older tires during the summer months, and using newer tires during the winter months. I really like having two sets of wheels. The same goes for my AWD Forester, but in than case it's more critical that all four tires match up.

If I lived in the south & didn't have to deal with snow/ice, I would feel differently. I would just buy a decent all-season tire & just replace them when it's time.

I hope you are happy with your new 175/65r14 tires. I am not sure what it is like in Canada, but there are many 175/65r14 tire options in the States. As you increase rim size (14", 15", 16", 17") the available tire options actually decrease for what may work with a Mirage.

Hopefully, you can find a nice rim that you will like better than the factory steel wheels with wheel covers. I would try to keep the width between 5" to 6". 14"x5" or 14"x5.5" rims would be perfect for 175/65r14 tires, but you may find 6" wide rims to be more common. Good luck with your search, & please share!

Sometimes, I just say stuff for anyone reading a thread. You probably know all this stuff better than me!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I just want a set of wheels that are more smart looking, than the old rims with hub caps.