Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhat bored, want to run the Blueberry at top speed...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    The only F&F worth watching, mainly for the T&A.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Wait do you have a effin sunroof? Man you've got every single upgrade worth having dont you?
    Yep, I had one installed last year. I enjoy modding my car. I try.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Sounds fun. Except for the clean up. Assuming the sand/salt gets everywhere.
    It wasn't so bad. It cleaned up real easy. You just get in line and wait your turn.

That black / white (only) combo does look good.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    That is a sharp car!
    Thanks!
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    You just get in line and wait your turn.
    Any cost associated? Or run for free?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    The Mirage can go faster than 102, lol. It may take a little bit of time, but I got mine to 112ish on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, just saying.
    Booo Ya! The hammer of mothertruckin truth.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Sounds fun. Except for the clean up. Assuming the sand/salt gets everywhere.

Me being a foreigner (from GA.), can you just drive to the salt flats and just go out there and have at it? Or is it controlled and there is some kind of registration process?

If the Atlanta Motor Speedway had some kind of "Nurburgring" kind of time ... dudes from the street can pay some money and get either a certain number of laps, or a certain amount of time on the track ... even with other cars out there, any risk of injury or damage is ALL on the driver / car owner ... the AMS would make tons of money. I wonder if it would be more or less dangerous than Nurburgring? Seems like it would be less dangerous, but I don't know. The Blueberry would get serious time there ... not sure it would ever see top speed though ... too much turning and that turning causing drag and slowing the car down. Oh well, never gonna happen.
    The Atlanta street racing scene is out of control but historic. You've never scene so many tricked out Sentras.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The Atlanta street racing scene is out of control but historic. You've never scene so many tricked out Sentras.
    e. g. Name:  R0fbe334e94f8a3fff05de8139c5f9596.jpeg.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  33.7 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure I don't want to see any tricked out Sentras.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Clessy (02-05-2021),Fummins (02-04-2021),inuvik (02-05-2021)

I'm pretty sure I don't want to see any tricked out Sentras.
    How about sports cars lol Attachment 20546

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-05-2021),inuvik (02-05-2021),MetroMPG (02-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    102 mph? Yeah, 112 sounds more like it. I'd have guessed at least 110. I've seen barely 100 in mine without too much effort.

You're not going to set any records with a Mirage, of course... but, a lot of these events are run like a "rally", which means you must be "on time", not "fastest". Sign up for the class that suits your car... you could potentially win your class! Even with a Mirage.

Search for "Open Road Racing". They shut down some of those desert roads and similar and race flat-out on them one car at a time.

Examples:
    https://sscc.us/
    https://sorcrace.com/
    https://www.bborr.com/
    https://norrc.com/orr-events/
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not trying to enter any competitions ... with a Mirage. I'd just like to run its guts out at some point, just to see what it would do.

It's like this, I have a 2016 Honda Rebel 250. It's max speed, well tuned AFR, stock gearing is 72 mph (± 2 mph between bikes / riders ... something like that). The 250cc, 2 valve, 2 cylinder, air-cooled, carbureted engine makes ~17 hp. The speedometer is reading right at 75 mph, but a trusted GPS reading is 72 mph. I have several times ran that thing WFO between my house and my dad's house. Almost the entire way. Part of the way is 55 mph roads, where I run WFO probably half or more of that time. But the ENTIRE interstate portion (122 miles), I run that thing WFO (except to adjust for traffic ... which amounts to probably 1/2 mile or so at slightly letting off adjusting for traffic).

The point is, running it pegged out, on the throttle stop, WFO (with a safe AFR) is VERY satisfying. I'd love to do that with the Mirage, but I suspect I might wind up in jail. BTW, the Rebel gets 56 mpg on that trip running WFO. Very satisfying indeed. Otherwise it averages in the 60's and I maxed it out once at 84 mpg. My Burgman (650cc, 2 cylinder) at the same 72 mph on that trip averages about 47.5 mpg. The Blueberry Hoss 3-tapper engine gets about 39 - 42.7 mpg on the same 72 mph trip. I do it frequent enough that 72 mph has become my comparison speed.