Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhat bored, want to run the Blueberry at top speed...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts

Somewhat bored, want to run the Blueberry at top speed...

Guys,

The last couple weeks worth of "Latest Posts" have left me a little bored. Good topics, don't get me wrong, just not enough of them. I was just watching some car chase videos, and remembering back to when I had my FD3S, for some reason it makes me want to find some safe (safe as possible that is) place and run the guts out of the cute little Blueberry.

I wish Toyota would let me run their 10 mile oval. And not have to worry about law enforcement and the only person in danger would be myself. That would be cool. Put a transponder on it and run 2 or 3 laps.

Crap ... this topic is boring too (sorry guys). It's not easily done out here on the right side of the country. I watched a video of a guy out in the Las Vegas area. He took his Yamaha Bolt about an hour out into the desert. Hardly a car around. And ran about 2 or 3 miles in 1 direction at top speed, then back the other direction at top speed. Law enforcement doesn't waste their time out where he was, and there was no traffic. It looked like so much fun. Anywho, there's nothing like that, that I'm aware of, out here on the right side of the country. I'm jealous of you desert dweller fellers.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man I dont think you need all that to get top speed of mirage. I dont think this car can much do over 90 without a struggle. I'd say 102mph is top speed and while that is speeding cars blow past me daily doing 100mph all the time our on interstates.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mirage can go faster than 102, lol. It may take a little bit of time, but I got mine to 112ish on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, just saying.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    (blank signature)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Clessy (02-04-2021),Dirk Diggler (02-04-2021),Fummins (02-04-2021),MetroMPG (02-10-2021),PityOnU (02-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    The Mirage can go faster than 102, lol. It may take a little bit of time, but I got mine to 112ish on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, just saying.
    Wait do you have a effin sunroof? Man you've got every single upgrade worth having dont you?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    ... I got mine to 112ish on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah...
    Sounds fun. Except for the clean up. Assuming the sand/salt gets everywhere.

Me being a foreigner (from GA.), can you just drive to the salt flats and just go out there and have at it? Or is it controlled and there is some kind of registration process?

If the Atlanta Motor Speedway had some kind of "Nurburgring" kind of time ... dudes from the street can pay some money and get either a certain number of laps, or a certain amount of time on the track ... even with other cars out there, any risk of injury or damage is ALL on the driver / car owner ... the AMS would make tons of money. I wonder if it would be more or less dangerous than Nurburgring? Seems like it would be less dangerous, but I don't know. The Blueberry would get serious time there ... not sure it would ever see top speed though ... too much turning and that turning causing drag and slowing the car down. Oh well, never gonna happen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Wait do you have a effin sunroof? Man you've got every single upgrade worth having dont you?
    That black / white (only) combo does look good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's one if the beauties of these cars: not much goes wrong, so our forum posts frequently go off topic. But I much prefer it to having a hundred different threads about what broke this time...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-04-2021),Christopher_B (02-04-2021),Fummins (02-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is a sharp car!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I never take issue with my posts drifting. I enjoy the drift.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I never take issue with my posts drifting. I enjoy the drift.
    How bout the Tokyo Drift?