Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mirage owner here

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New Mirage owner here

Hello all!
    My name is Chris. My wife and I received our 2021 Mirage hatchback ES on Saturday (01/30/21) It is a black 5 speed. It had the armrest/console, carpeted floor mats and tonneau cover listed as additional equipment. Although only the armrest console is optional. UPDATE Also interesting the tonneau cover now shows to be an included accessory (like the floormats) on Mitsubishi's build & price when I could not find anything about it last week (at least on the ES)

We purchased online from Tim Short Mitsubishi in Clarksville, TN because I could not find a 2021 with a manual transmission any closer. Tina (my wife) liked the updated look of the 2021 over the '20. It was really a spur of the moment buy. I had only started looking the day before.

The only other brand new car I've owned was an '03 Focus SVT. Not the fastest off the line but handled and stopped incredibly.

I plan on putting Eibach springs in the mirage and hopefully a Doax rear stabilizer if they will be available again. I am also interested in the feasibility of bigger brakes from the sedan and swapping the LED headlights from the SE if possible.

I also have a handful of Buell motorcycles and Chrysler K-Car derivatives. Working at a locally owned auto parts chain helps keep owning so many vehicles affordable. Obviously I am used to getting my hands dirty.

I am very glad to be part of the group!

Last edited by Christopher_B; 02-04-2021 at 02:44 PM. Reason: UPDATE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (02-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought all new 2021 had the same headlights standard now which are just its projection LED style. Didnt even know they where still offering a Halogen. Im kinda shocked we've had 3 facelifts on the same model and platform. It makes me wonder how long they'll keep the mirage exactly the same. Its a shame they didnt do this with the Lancer as the Grand Lancer in China looks great. Btw post some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    I thought all new 2021 had the same headlights standard now which are just its projection LED style. Didnt even know they where still offering a Halogen. Im kinda shocked we've had 3 facelifts on the same model and platform. It makes me wonder how long they'll keep the mirage exactly the same. Its a shame they didnt do this with the Lancer as the Grand Lancer in China looks great. Btw post some pictures.
    That's nothing, ford used the same model and platform in the pickups and bronco for 17 years(1980-1997) with updates for the 1987my(giant ugly headlights version) and again for 1992.

And chevy/gmc, same thing with even less noticable changes from 1973-19991 suburban,blazer and trucks.

And dodge was even longer with 21 years with different wheel wells, body lines, grilles and dashes throughout the years 1972-1993. Or go with wikipedia and call it 1980-1993.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's nothing, ford used the same model and platform in the pickups and bronco for 17 years(1980-1997) with updates for the 1987my(giant ugly headlights version) and again for 1992.

And chevy/gmc, same thing with even less noticable changes from 1973-19991 suburban,blazer and trucks.

And dodge was even longer with 21 years with different wheel wells, body lines, grilles and dashes throughout the years 1972-1993. Or go with wikipedia and call it 1980-1993.
    The normal japanese standard is 5 years with a mid gen fresh or 10 years with a fresh every 3. It's crazy to think going 20 years with only body panel and seat changes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox rear stabilizer bar is a game changer. Night and day difference, especially on the highway.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

Don't forget the Mighty Beetle. From 1938 to 2003. That's only 65 years
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-08-2021),Fummins (02-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Don't forget the Mighty Beetle. From 1938 to 2003. That's only 65 years
    I like vehicles that sort of keep their identity over time. Even with updates, you easily recognize them. VW Beetle would surely be one of them. VW Golf, KIA Soul, & a few others are like that, too. They just haven't been around that long.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like vehicles that sort of keep their identity over time. Even with updates, you easily recognize them. VW Beetle would surely be one of them. VW Golf, KIA Soul, & a few others are like that, too. They just haven't been around that long.
    Looking visually the same doesnt mean being on the same chassis and platform. Every Porsche looks similar but every 5ish years is a newly designed car. Not just slam on new bumpers and head like BAM NEW MODEL.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Looking visually the same doesnt mean being on the same chassis and platform. Every Porsche looks similar but every 5ish years is a newly designed car. Not just slam on new bumpers and head like BAM NEW MODEL.
    The 2021 Mirage is not a new design in my mind either. The front bumper/grill was just switched to match their other models & not much more.

I still like vehicles that keep their identity rather than evolve into something else.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with Mark. It helps with parts availability too. My 1990 Horizon unfortunately was a half year run. While most chassis and body parts interchange, it is the only year with an air bag, center mount HVAC controls, one year radiator, front struts and ignition switch to name a few differences. So some of the parts I have only fit the 1990 omni and horizon. Luckily not too many. I have two of these cars and they have each needed a radiator in the last 3 years. I am damn near positive I found the last two new ones.

SO I am ecstatic that there will be years and years of chassis/brake parts to keep this thing on the road.