Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New car shopping

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New car shopping

Hello all,
    As summer gets closer it is time to start thinking about replacing my wifes 100k Versa Note s. I love the service and warranty that come with my mirage. Thus far we are looking at.
    1. Mitsubishi outlander sport
    2. Chevy trail blazer

other are soon to follow. Do any of you own any other mits models. How do you feel about them? Likes Dislikes?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Hello all,
    As summer gets closer it is time to start thinking about replacing my wifes 100k Versa Note s. I love the service and warranty that come with my mirage. Thus far we are looking at.
    2. Chevy trail blazer

other are soon to follow. Do any of you own any other mits models. How do you feel about them? Likes Dislikes?
    Whoa, you got a Nissan Versa to 100k miles?!? Is it a manual or CVT? I'd go Outlander Sport, just because it's proven after being on the market for so long, has decent mpg, good reliability, and a 100k mile warranty. I'm not sure about the Chevy reliability, but at least I know for sure the part prices on the Chevy will be cheaper than on a Mitsu, plus a much larger dealer network.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk shes a CVT. Still drives smooth out side of the shifter issue that keeps it locked its been a decent car. My wife likes the Chevy but I hate the dealers around us and have not enjoyed any of the GM products I have owned outside of my S10 which at 300k is still going.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Dirk shes a CVT. Still drives smooth out side of the shifter issue that keeps it locked its been a decent car. My wife likes the Chevy but I hate the dealers around us and have not enjoyed any of the GM products I have owned outside of my S10 which at 300k is still going.
    Shifter not moving? You can't put it in drive or something?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah the solenoid in the shifter goes out and you have to use the locked button to move the shifter. Fixed in a few years ago but its going out again so I added some plastic to the shifter lockout cover and keep the button depressed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Hello all,
    2. Chevy trail blazer

I can't speak from the experience of owning either vehicle. I own a 2017 Mirage ES manual & a 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X manual.

I am not a fan of super small turbo engines. The Trail Blazer has a 1.3L turbo. Is Chevy's 9-speed automatic transmission dependable? I ask because I don't know?

If I was replacing my 10-year old Forester (which I have no intention of doing any time soon), I would look the at the Mazda CX-30 (2.5L) or the CX-3 (2.0L). In my opinion, Mazda's 2.5L & 2.0L engines with a 6-speed automatic transmission would probably trump the two vehicles you listed for me. Since towing is important to me, I would also look at the Toyota RAV4, which has a higher towing capacity. That's probably not important to you, however.

Several members are happy with their Outlander Sport. I like the appearance of the Outlander Sport (over any other Mitsubishi models). I see more Outlander Sports than anything else in my area, but the nearest dealership is 65 miles away, too.

I used to like the Honda CRV the best. Their 2.4L engine was bullet proof. I would not buy their new 1.5L turbo CRV. I wouldn't even look at them. That's just me, however.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The Sport is made in Japan and has a proven power-train albeit dated and under powered. I wouldn't trust the new Outlander rebadge. It's basically a Nissan Rogue with a Nissan engine and a Nissan Xtronic programmed CVT. No thanks on that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Unsure about the 9 speed auto, the last newer chevy I owned was a sonic that had serious electrical issues. Ended up being a lemon and the deal bought it back from me. A big thing for me is deal quality. The Mitsubishi dealer I use has been fantastic! We drove about an hour to visit a different Chevy dealer last weekend. The sales guy was nice and understood we are just starting to look around. Will probably go this weekend and look at a Hyundai Kona.

the last newer chevy I owned was a sonic that had serious electrical issues.
    I've yet to see a decent sonic. Thankfully the ones I service are slowly being written off. I have one car that's in for different problems every single month. They all a bit of everything, coolant, engine and transmission oil and the check engine lights are on too. They do have more powers and keep me busy I guess.

I just fixed a 2018 Buick suv that had a similar shifter issue to what you described. It had no shifter interlock bypass. Gm only sold the entire shifter assembly. To even get to it you gotta pull both front seats then the unbolt the console then disassemble the entire thing on the bench until you can see the bolts for it. It's impossible to get to the shifter lockout solenoid with it in the vehicle. Super retarded GM enginerding right there. Almost thought it was a Ford.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-19-2021),MetroMPG (02-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've yet to see a decent sonic. Thankfully the ones I service are slowly being written off. I have one car that's in for different problems every single month. They all a bit of everything, coolant, engine and transmission oil and the check engine lights are on too. They do have more powers and keep me busy I guess.

I just fixed a 2018 Buick suv that had a similar shifter issue to what you described. It had no shifter interlock bypass. Gm only sold the entire shifter assembly. To even get to it you gotta pull both front seats then the unbolt the console then disassemble the entire thing on the bench until you can see the bolts for it. It's impossible to get to the shifter lockout solenoid with it in the vehicle. Super retarded GM enginerding right there. Almost thought it was a Ford.
    I had to remove the center console in the versa which ended meaning remove the seats.