Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Nissan Micra (March) facelift / new front & rear end

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    For those of us that use miles, that's 71 mpg.
    Wow that really raises the bar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Yaris left our market, but it's becoming one of the most fuel efficient vehicles in other parts of the world.

"The all-new Yaris hybrid will be Toyota Australia's most fuel-efficient car when it goes on sale in August. With a new 1.5-litre hybrid powertrain available in Yaris for the first time, the hybrid variants will offer an astounding official combined fuel consumption figure of just 3.3l/100km1." Jan 24, 2020

For those of us that use miles, that's 71 mpg.

We're just lame (not us on the forum, but the general public) when it comes to small cars. This is how someone describes a 2017 Yaris -

"The 2017 Toyota Yaris has an almost-perfect predicted reliability rating and good crash test scores, but its underpowered engine, poor handling, and stiff seats keep it from ranking higher than midpack among subcompact cars.
    Mar 3, 2020

Anyone who thinks a 106 hp Yaris is underpowered is an idiot. Those who review small cars have really done the general public a disservice. Yet, the 130 hp Honda Fit is also leaving here. Imagine what these fools think of a 78 hp Mirage?

Fuel efficient vehicles leaving North America is a bad reflection on us as consumers. Mirage owners are not included in that last statement, however.
    Mark, I can always tell when you're writing even before I see who it is, and 99% of the times I agree with you and this isn't an exception.

I have a 2007 Yaris and is is plenty zippy. It easily cruises at 75 mph and is quite a bit faster than my Mirage. I bought mine new in 2007 and it is one of the best cars I've ever owned. I've also never owned a car even close to this long before. I'm very happy with mine. I considered buying a second one (used) instead of my Mirage, but the Mirage was such a good deal for a new car I figured we'd try it. Granted, I love our little Mirage buy my wife doesn't like it as much as me; she prefers the Yaris.