Thread: Cool Web Find - 2013 BYD e6 electric for sale (only 25 in the US)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Web Find - 2013 BYD e6 electric for sale (only 25 in the US)

https://www.greenwheelschicago.com/d...yd-e6/35969532

Apparently there are only about 25 of these in the US and this dealer says they have 2.

Not a bad price for the low mileage but risky due to lack of parts/service availability.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was reading something on the internet the other day, and I never knew early Tesla roadsters were built by Lotus cars.

That car there, the BYD isn't a Tesla though I don't think. Some sort of other early (2009) electric car from China. I think Tesla is synonymous with electric car for some people. Kinda neat. Weird looking thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Def not a Tesla, hehe, they put the name in wrong possibly because BYD is not in their system and they had to choose some sort of electric car to get the point across, or as a sleazy attempt to get more views. BYD is Chinese and one of the world's largest car manufacturers by market cap. Warren Buffets company invested early in BYD.

BYD brought a handfull of these over and used them as fleet vehicles starting in 2013 I think. Apparently less that 80 or so in America in total for all model years.

If BYD had a battery warranty I could consider buying it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-07-2021)