Thread: Need quick answer !!! Does 2019 Mirage GT have TPMS in Canada?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Exclamation Need quick answer !!! Does 2019 Mirage GT have TPMS in Canada?

I'm looking at buying a 2019 brand new gt but I need winter tires for it. Does the Canadian model have TPMS? Thanks for the reply in advance !!!

No, Canadian models do not have TPMS. TPMS isn’t mandatory in Canada.

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/tire-safety/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-09-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twister77 View Post
    No, Canadian models do not have TPMS. TPMS isn’t mandatory in Canada.

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/tire-safety/
    Thanks for the quick reply !!! I thought so because nowhere in the specs on the mitsu canada website does it say tpms when they try to brag about the included equipment that is standard on most cars. Well actually my 2014 se got totaled by my wife and a dealer was selling a brand new one at a huge discount. 51kms on a 2019 !!! We're getting it and the dealer offered us a 'deal' on dunlop winter with rims.... I had dunlops with the 2014 that were included free... and they were horrible for us...never again !!! We're getting the GT is seems we just signed the deal !!! We were going to get a cheaper model but my wife said heated seats were a 'must have' for her !!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply !!! I thought so because nowhere in the specs on the mitsu canada website does it say tpms when they try to brag about the included equipment that is standard on most cars. Well actually my 2014 se got totaled by my wife and a dealer was selling a brand new one at a huge discount. 51kms on a 2019 !!! We're getting it and the dealer offered us a 'deal' on dunlop winter with rims.... I had dunlops with the 2014 that were included free... and they were horrible for us...never again !!! We're getting the GT is seems we just signed the deal !!! We were going to get a cheaper model but my wife said heated seats were a 'must have' for her !!!
    Did you have two sets of wheels for your 2014?

If you do, couldn't use those to set up new winter tires?

Never bought a car in Canada. If winter tires are mandatory in some areas, maybe cars come with extra snow tires?

Good luck with your purchase! Sounds like you found the car you want discounted!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did you have two sets of wheels for your 2014?

If you do, couldn't use those to set up new winter tires?

Never bought a car in Canada. If winter tires are mandatory in some areas, maybe cars come with extra snow tires?

Good luck with your purchase! Sounds like you found the car you want discounted!

We still have the aluminum summer wheels that came with the car but we lost the steel wheels with 1.5 seasons on it that were Michelin x-ice tires. A couple of reasons for buying new steelies... wanted new for the look and to ensure no vibration issues on a brand new car... and the originals were 4.5 inch wide and the news steelies are 5.5 which gives us more choices for tires. Also we live near a major airport and we get some really strong crosswinds in the winter and the wider wheels/tires will make it easier to keep our new mirage drive straighter with less steering correction.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    We still have the aluminum summer wheels that came with the car but we lost the steel wheels with 1.5 seasons on it that were Michelin x-ice tires. A couple of reasons for buying new steelies... wanted new for the look and to ensure no vibration issues on a brand new car... and the originals were 4.5 inch wide and the news steelies are 5.5 which gives us more choices for tires. Also we live near a major airport and we get some really strong crosswinds in the winter and the wider wheels/tires will make it easier to keep our new mirage drive straighter with less steering correction.
    I have four 14" x 4.5", two 14" x 5", & two 14" x 5.5" steel rims for my Mirage. I currently have 5.5" wide rims on the front, & the 5" wide rims on the rear. These were extra pairs that I picked up at different times. With or without wheel covers no one would never know the difference. 1" difference in width wouldn't hinder any tires I would be interested in using, but I prefer narrow tires for snow.

We got blasted with snow last week. I had to move a couple vehicles around to finish plowing out the driveway with my ATV. My friend's 2007 Toyota Camry with aftermarket wide tires (decent Continentals) was stuck where it was parked. She had to come out of the house and drive while I pushed it. My Mirage was parked next to it. I had zero issue moving my Mirage under the same conditions. I do have better snow tires up front on my Mirage, but her Camry is useless on snow & ice. Tires do make a difference. In my experience, the width of the tire makes even a bigger difference with small lightweight cars.

Since we have TPMS in the States, the wheels currently on my Mirage are cloned to the 4 wheels sitting in my garage. When I switch back to my older summer tires next spring, my Mirage won't even sense the change. The alternative is ignoring the TPMS light being on during the winter months, & I've done that for years, too!

I am going to rephrase my original question now. Do you currently have two sets wheels for your new Mirage or three sets (third set being a leftover extra set from the previous 2014)? I realize you lost a set of tires when the 2014 was lost in a crash.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have four 14" x 4.5", two 14" x 5", & two 14" x 5.5" steel rims for my Mirage. I currently have 5.5" wide rims on the front, & the 5" wide rims on the rear. These were extra pairs that I picked up at different times. With or without wheel covers no one would never know the difference. 1" difference in width wouldn't hinder any tires I would be interested in using, but I prefer narrow tires for snow.

I am going to rephrase my original question now. Do you currently have two sets wheels for your new Mirage or three sets (third set being a leftover extra set from the previous 2014)? I realize you lost a set of tires when the 2014 was lost in a crash.
    Yes we will have 3 sets. We are getting the car in a couple of days and the wheels and tires are on order from Costco as they were the cheapest in Canada. Not sure if we will keep the old set. It is handy to have a full size spare for long trips as the temporary tire is not good if you are far from getting your tire fixed. I could probably sell the old set and recoup most of what I paid for the extra steelies. Deep snow hasn't been a problem where we live in for more than 20 years but strong winds and icy/slippery conditions are our biggest concern. I prefer to buy "ice" snow tires more than just 'snow' tires are they have better grip unless snow is deep where I would look for tires with the 'chunkiest' treads then. I could have bought 'nice' aluminum type rims for the winter tires for a little more but most aren't 56.1 hub centric they are usually larger bore.