Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doug DeMuro comments on my comment/Reddit Ask me anything thread

Doug should stick to what he knows. Finding miss spelled words and improper grammar in owners manuals.

Although he's not the brightest crayon when it comes to cars, he's got more money than me. But you'd think for how relatively widely known he is that he'd be worth more than 3 million?

Last edited by Fummins; 02-10-2021 at 08:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Oh sure I make fun of my sh!tbox all the time, but so far it's been solid @76k miles (30k of those miles being Uber in 8 months too). My policy is to recommend the manual version and caution CVT buyers about preventative maintenance. The amount of ignorance about what a cvt is, is astonishing. Plus Doug is a D level celebrity with zero credibility IMO. I'm glad I got under his skin for brief moment. I hope other folks on Reddit read that retort and question Dougie.
    When I search "Mitsubishi Mirage" on youtube.com, DeMuro's review always comes up first for me. It's been that way for years now.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion even if they are wrong. I've never heard of DeMuro before the Mirage review, & I haven't watch him since.

I don't lose sleep over what others think, but guys like DeMuro do hurt the image of the Mirage. Some would benefit from driving a car that's affordable, reliable, & very economical.

If I was rating car reviewers, DeMuro would be at the bottom. He may be the worst in America!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I wonder when Mitsu was selling a lot of cars stateside in the 90s if their part prices were much cheaper?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-11-2021),Fummins (02-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good on ya Dirk! That airbag need deflating! His knowledge of cars is the lowest of all the car "guru's" on YT. He gets by on low brow humor and just a passing amount of intelligence.....Plus he has a minor speech impediment, something obviously required to be taken seriously on YT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (02-11-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    Good on ya Dirk! That airbag need deflating! His knowledge of cars is the lowest of all the car "guru's" on YT. He gets by on low brow humor and just a passing amount of intelligence.....Plus he has a minor speech impediment, something obviously required to be taken seriously on YT
    Read his AMA reddit thread. He gets wrecked hard.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I wonder when Mitsu was selling a lot of cars stateside in the 90s if their part prices were much cheaper?
    On a positive note - any parts taken care of by the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty or 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty (original owners) are going to be cheaper than any vehicle with a shorter warranty.

Are parts more expensive for a Mirage. Some are apparently, but not all are more expensive. Not sure why? Good example of this -

An aftermarket Mirage radiator (manual/CVT vary in this price range) is $71-108.
    An aftermarket Spark radiator (manual/CVT vary in this price range) is $73-140.

A genuine manual transmission Spark radiator is $270.
    A genuine automatic transmission Spark radiator is $330.

A genuine manual transmission Mirage radiator is $120.
    A genuine automatic transmission Mirage radiator is $640.

https://www.mitsubishiautopartsdirec...bC1sMy1nYXM%3D

https://www.mitsubishiautopartsdirec...bC1sMy1nYXM%3D
    Last edited by Mark; 02-11-2021 at 04:16 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man, it's a bummer so many people "look up" to his reviews on cars. Watching his other car reviews, you really have to take it with a literal grain of salt.

Dirk, I'm glad your threw it out there to him. His comment about Mirage owners at that 18:00 minute mark still 'degrades' the Mirage and it's owners because, I guess I'm one of those people working paycheck to paycheck . Like, c'mon. DeMuro didn't need to say that. Dude could have talked about the car but decided to put all the owners in a particular group.

I stopped watching Doug. I know he's an "entertainer" but man, I feel bad for the folks that look up to him as a reliable resource. Doug is that car enthusiast that thinks they're a car enthusiast because they can change oil. lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-12-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It is when Dog Decrapo mentioned being able to see the ground around the engine is when I completely flipped on his video.

For anyone who is willing to maintain / repair their own vehicle, HOW WONDERFUL is it to have SPACE around the engine? His logic is the equivalent of popping the hood during a sports car review, of say a Viper and saying, "this engine is entirely too large." WTF?

And then when he found the floor duct/vent and didn't know what it was, I knew, this guy is an idiot. OK, for non-automotive people, or for people just getting into learning about cars, when they might stumble upon a floor vent, I can understand them not knowing what it is. But when a self-promoted (which equals entitled schmuck just like Dirk said) car "reviewer" doesn't know what it is, one's credibility hits rock bottom.
    "Able to See the Ground"? What sort of glue does this guy sniff? What's next? "Oh well....the tires are too round & the wipers go back & forth, Terrible, awful "

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As much as I despise Doug's review of the Mirage, I have to admit it's what put the car on the map for me. Not immediately, mind you. After I started doing my own research (and finding this forum), I knew this was the car for me. The peace of mind I have with knowing that the car will start in the morning and take me where I need to go without hesitation is very much appreciated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    As much as I despise Doug's review of the Mirage, I have to admit it's what put the car on the map for me. Not immediately, mind you. After I started doing my own research (and finding this forum), I knew this was the car for me. The peace of mind I have with knowing that the car will start in the morning and take me where I need to go without hesitation is very much appreciated.
    His was the first review I saw of this car too. But being the chronic video watcher that I am I immediately started looking at other videos and decided the man was an idiot

After finding Carvana, and seeing their rather large at the time collection of Mirage's, that was it, proud owner here. But I do have to begrudgingly say that it was his review that started it. Guess he was good for something after all

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (02-12-2021)