Thread: Traction control on EU models (possible to disable by adding a switch?)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Traction control on EU models (possible to disable by adding a switch?)

As we have snow at the moment here in the Netherlands, I really want to turn of traction control so I can slide it around. (it works kinda, but as soon as I slide the traction control takes over and cuts my engine) so I wanted to know if we can actually turn it off in the EU models. I found this thread(https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...action-control) which states that we cannot, but since the sidemarker cables are routed on EU models, but there is just an ugly chrome thing there instead. I wonder if there are cables routed to the panel where the asc button is in the non-EU models. If so, what cables? Does it use a NO or a NC switch?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I've searched a little further, and found some more info in the wiring sheets:
    Name:  asc switch.png
Views: 271
Size:  39.2 KB
    Would it be as easy as putting a switch in between the wiring or is there some software preventing me from doing it?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JRB201 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-10-2021)

It might be a feature in ETACS.

One way to find out... if you're brave!

I turned mine off just last week before doing a lurid, sideways handbrake slide into my parking space in an empty parking lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

JRB201 (02-10-2021),PityOnU (02-10-2021)