Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: -20 cold winter night, Mirage's heater sucks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am going to try that today. It better work, because it's still nasty cold out!

I emptied my inbox, too!
    Yea man your inbox is full.

You sent me those 3 messages around January the 2th, I wasn't even able to reply literally.

Anyway thanks for the heads up with the cabin filter and the you tube video. I had a reply to your message by the way but then like I said, your inbox was full the day after you PM'ed me.

Last edited by dspace9; 02-15-2021 at 05:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    You have way more store selection. Go on Amazon Canada, and you'll see the prices.

If taking your glove box out is standard maintenance for your non-car enthusiast car owner, then I'm not sure if your definition of routine maintenance is the same as mine is. I wouldn't want Grandma doing that job on their Mirage.

I never knew I didn't have a cabin filter, because like most car owners, I never thought to check. This is not standard, routine maintenance. Might be to you, but you have your car repairman glasses on lol.
    Many Grandma's change their own furnace filters, or the filter on a vacuum cleaner. Its really no more difficult than that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Yea man your inbox is full.

You sent me those 3 messages around January the 2th, I wasn't even able to reply literally.

Anyway thanks for the heads up with the cabin filter and the you tube video. I had a reply to your message by the way but then like I said, your inbox was full the day after you PM'ed me.
    I don't know what's up with my inbox? I emptied 25 inbox messages today, & it says you can have up to 50.

No one said anything until today, but I don't use the forum email that often.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok Mark. Maybe the "powers-that-be" are reading this, and they'll change the inbox capacity to 50. At first glance it's one of those things you don't think you'll need more of 25 of, but you wrote me a great message, and became 3 texts there alone. So maybe the website owners can scrounge up the capital, and make our inboxes 50 max lol.

AtomicPunk true enough. Maybe they should make the design easier. I don't think there is anything about this in the owner's manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Maybe it didn't have one because it's a no A/C car?
    Dspace9 - Since my owner's manual states "if so equipped", your Mirage not having a cabin air filter installed is not as surprising to me now. My last car to not have A/C would have been my 1990 Ford Festiva, and cabin air filters weren't around then. Thus, your car probably didn't come with one. Adding one shouldn't hurt anything. Heat is still flowing through the same vents used for A/C.

Thus, Dodge Aries K may be right. I looked it up in my 2017 Mirage owner's manual. It was a bit hard to find, because they refer to it as an "Air Purifier". So my owner's manual states this -

Air Purifier (if so equipped)

The air conditioning system is equipped with an air filter to remove pollen and dust.
    The air filter’s ability to collect pollen and dirt is reduced as it becomes dirty, so replace it periodically. For the maintenance interval, refer to the “WARRANTY AND MAINTENANCE MANUAL”.

Operation in certain conditions such as driving on a dusty road and frequent use of the air conditioning can lead to reduction of service life of the filter. When you feel that the air flow is lower than normal or when the windshield or windows start to fog up easily, replace the air filter.

Schedule 1
    Inspect air purifier filter for clogging - every 3,750 miles/3-months
    Replace air purifier filter - every 7,500 miles

Schedule 2
    Replace air purifier filter - every 15,000 miles

I do 5,000 mile oil/filter changes, & I have done a better job of checking my cabin air filter at those times.

I did my 45,000 mile oil/oil filter change yesterday, & I replaced my cabin air filter today. It wasn't horrible, but I've blown it out a few times already. Since I had two new ones, I decided to replace the "air purifier" this time.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-16-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Many Grandma's change their own furnace filters, or the filter on a vacuum cleaner. Its really no more difficult than that.
    I’m still trying to figure who has their grandmother doing their routine maintenance on their car for them?

Well, at least poor grandma has it easy with a mirage.....
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-16-2021 at 12:47 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I’m still trying to figure who has their grandmother doing their routine maintenance on their car for them?

Well, at least poor grandma has it easy with a mirage.....
    It was an analogy between filters and the simplicity of changing them; reading for context is hard. JUST KIDDING! Please don't get offended. And don't sell grandma's short. Its harder to make your favorite cookies than change the mirage cabin filter.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Err, as a funny will this help? Good for doing toast too. Double whammy then.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

11. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-19-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Silly question, the air filter says "AIR FLOW" and has arrows pointing up. I have the filter "upside down", my thinking that the airflow goes down into the fan etc. Is that the right way to have the filter? Sorry thanks.

So far the filter has improved things.

PS baking is great, I love it. I just don't have a proper mixer, but yea I can make carrot cake and shortbread even. Well once, assisted. Do you like to bake, AtomicPunk?
    Last edited by dspace9; 02-19-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, air flow is downwards towards the fan! :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-19-2021)