Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote start for 'keyless start' 2019 GT ...what are the options?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    As far as I know Fortin is the only one that makes one for a push-button starting mirage other than oem. Unfortunately they don't have a wiring harness for it though. And nowadays many installers are using t-tap slices...it's quick and cleanish but not my favourite.
    As finicky as the Mirage's electrical system is I'm not sure I'd be eager to use anything other than the OEM. Yeah, it's outrageously expensive but if a 3rd party system wreaks havoc on ETACS it's gonna make that couple of hundred bucks you saved on the aftermarket one seem like a bad investment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I have the Idatastart on my 2018 GT & the same brand in the Queens Subaru. They both work great. I can start my car from almost a mile away but I asked for the long distance feature. I think it was ~$400.00 CDN installed, but my GT has a key. I don't know if that matters, but maybe contact an installer for more info. The dealer said it wouldn't affect my warranty as that was the make & installer they use themselves. Each dealer may be different, tho, so check first...
    That's the same as what the dealer installed in the wifes kia from new. It works. My one mirage had an aftermarket remote start installed from new and I believe had the rostra cruise installed too at the dealer. I can't recall the mfg but it wasn't a Mitsubishi one. Mind you the previous owner had it removed as they thought it was killing the battery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)