Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Run.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well he's an old gangster from London, like Michael Caine, and your from Peachtree City and believe that the 1st President of America was Jesus. So you tell me whose more interesting? Lol I kid, I kid. I happen to love your posts even though we are on the opposite sides of the healthcare issue.
    Have a Turkish (Turkish Bath = laugh) me, a gangster? I gave that sh?t up two years ago.

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I don't think we're on the opposite side. Let's look at it like this. The answer is the center of a circle (and it has a dot), like a nucleus. The viewpoints on the direction to the answer depends on where on the circle one stands. We're at 2 different points, but I doubt it is opposite. It just so happens I'm on the right side, and you're on the lef ... uh wrong side. Ha! I'm just kidding too.
    Lol I'm actually more of a Jimmy Carter centrist, but I digress.......if you ever need an OEM steel wheel for dirt cheap hit me up, I'll drive em down to you.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Have a Turkish (Turkish Bath = laugh) me, a gangster? I gave that sh?t up two years ago.
    You knew the Kray twins didn't you? Or at least ran around in the same circles in the swinging 60s?

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    You knew the Kray twins didn't you? Or at least ran around in the same circles in the swinging 60s?
    Err, I'd rather not confirm or deny. lets just say in their day and the Richardson's the streets of London were "safer" we looked after our own .Mr Foreman (look him up) is a face, a gentleman and a right down to earth geezer. His son is an actor. Times have definitely changed. Even today their influence, after 25 years after Reg has gone, is apparent.
    Oh I miss London so much, ain't the same now, when I go back I get all emotional because what has now gone.
    We all moved out and away, me to Yorkshire. Sad days.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Err, I'd rather not confirm or deny. lets just say in their day and the Richardson's the streets of London were "safer" we looked after our own .Mr Foreman (look him up) is a face, a gentleman and a right down to earth geezer. His son is an actor. Times have definitely changed. Even today their influence, after 25 years after Reg has gone, is apparent.
    Oh I miss London so much, ain't the same now, when I go back I get all emotional because what has now gone.
    We all moved out and away, me to Yorkshire. Sad days.
    I was astonished when I read that one of the Krays was openly gay! I imagine that would of been a death sentence but for the fact he was so feared. My wife's family is from the NYC area and they always complain how the big apple has turned into Disneyland for tourists. I imagine it's the same in London.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I was astonished when I read that one of the Krays was openly gay! I imagine that would of been a death sentence but for the fact he was so feared. My wife's family is from the NYC area and they always complain how the big apple has turned into Disneyland for tourists. I imagine it's the same in London.
    Times change, attitudes change, the populace change. Few true Londoners still reside there, we all moved out and snowflakes, do gooders and numbskulls moved in. It just ain't the same now. The attached, which brought tears to my eyes, shows the respect that they and the Richardson's earnt and deserved. Chas Richardson was walking down Deptford, an age old historical part of south London with a friend, when he was shoulder barged by some youth, Charlie got a mouthful of abuse and he had tears in his eyes and said "This would never have happened in my day" And he is/was right. How can a person like Reggie earn the respect of the locals? Easy, he and his looked after their own, just as the Richardson's governed south London. Look below
    https://youtu.be/Q_kvw3-9QCI

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Times change, attitudes change, the populace change. Few true Londoners still reside there, we all moved out and snowflakes, do gooders and numbskulls moved in. It just ain't the same now. The attached, which brought tears to my eyes, shows the respect that they and the Richardson's earnt and deserved. Chas Richardson was walking down Deptford, an age old historical part of south London with a friend, when he was shoulder barged by some youth, Charlie got a mouthful of abuse and he had tears in his eyes and said "This would never have happened in my day" And he is/was right. How can a person like Reggie earn the respect of the locals? Easy, he and his looked after their own, just as the Richardson's governed south London. Look below
    https://youtu.be/Q_kvw3-9QCI
    Wow they even had people on the roof for his service! "Free at Last" indeed. I was impressed with the size of the crowd. It seems like he had friends in all walks of life. Very interesting, thank you for that.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Wow they even had people on the roof for his service! "Free at Last" indeed. I was impressed with the size of the crowd. It seems like he had friends in all walks of life. Very interesting, thank you for that.
    Not just he but they. If you have a mind to look at this. (see below) I dated Charlie's daughter so knew them too, very good people although Eddie could be like Ronnie, very, err, temperamental.
    https://youtu.be/P1C1dkz49B8

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks dspace9. If i could have converted that Teutonic piece of carp into a bathroom/toilet and stuck it in my house I would have made very good use of it daily. The last proper Mercedes was the 190E, in my opinion, after you only bought a Merc to scrap it.
    I'll be posting some pictures later today.
    The 190, the Baby Benz, yea they are a classic now. My neighbour growing up had an over-polished, black one just across the street.

His kid, my friend, got in to that 190, and turned the car on, and reversed the car into my driveway. Ripped the driver's door off in the process. This is when he was 3 years old. Came over to visit me ha ha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The 190, the Baby Benz, yea they are a classic now. My neighbour growing up had an over-polished, black one just across the street.

His kid, my friend, got in to that 190, and turned the car on, and reversed the car into my driveway. Ripped the driver's door off in the process. This is when he was 3 years old. Came over to visit me ha ha.
    Three years old? Lack of parental control, under the influence of baby milk I'd guess.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (02-22-2021)