Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Run.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Chad how's the Vauxhall? Any interior shots? Are the seats comfortable? I imagine the clutch is harder than on the old Mirage?

The entertaining saga/succession of ItsChad's s#!7box cars continues!

Welcome back.

My grandfather was a frugal and successful farmer who worked his way up the General Motors brand ladder through his lifetime, starting with the entry level sedan and finally treated himself to a Cadillac in his 70's. But then after a few years he was stumped: where to go from Cadillac?

He ended up getting a new 1999 Mercedes E Class. I have no idea if they were any good to own, but I liked driving it. That was his last car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Three years old? Lack of parental control, under the influence of baby milk I'd guess.
    His Dad was royally pissed!! My old friend was very hyper-active; we would climb trees a hundred feet up around the same time. No fear. And how I ended up the most Obsessive Compulsive person I've known, I don't know.

Back in the 80s kids were given more free reign to explore.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (03-04-2021)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Chad how's the Vauxhall? Any interior shots? Are the seats comfortable? I imagine the clutch is harder than on the old Mirage?
    I'll get some pictures of the interior later today. Yes the clutch is a little heavier than the Mirage but then the whole car was/is very light which, to me, gave it a crashing ride. If you drove over a cigarette end you'd have to pick up all your teeth fillings from the interior.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    The entertaining saga/succession of ItsChad's s#!7box cars continues!

Welcome back.

My grandfather was a frugal and successful farmer who worked his way up the General Motors brand ladder through his lifetime, starting with the entry level sedan and finally treated himself to a Cadillac in his 70's. But then after a few years he was stumped: where to go from Cadillac?

He ended up getting a new 1999 Mercedes E Class. I have no idea if they were any good to own, but I liked driving it. That was his last car.
    I too was looking at a E Class but bought the Rover 75 instead. The true Mercs of yesteryear (pre 1993 or thereabouts) have vanished. I will never again own a Merc.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    His Dad was royally pissed!! My old friend was very hyper-active; we would climb trees a hundred feet up around the same time. No fear. And how I ended up the most Obsessive Compulsive person I've known, I don't know.

Back in the 80s kids were given more free reign to explore.
    I dunno about Canada but my youth was in the 60's, we had fun, and fun I mean. We were making money without hurting anybody
    although illegal but it was fun.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    The true Mercs of yesteryear (pre 1993 or thereabouts) have vanished.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who realizes this. Same situation (maybe some year variance) for BMW and Audi. To me it seems that Porsche is the only real holdout, that can still build some quality vehicles. Not 100% certain on that, but that's my take.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only one who realizes this. Same situation (maybe some year variance) for BMW and Audi. To me it seems that Porsche is the only real holdout, that can still build some quality vehicles. Not 100% certain on that, but that's my take.
    Totally agree, that Teutonic build quality of old has long gone. My brother-in-law had a BMW 5 series and I just wondered what all the fuss was about. The old early 5's were good. Never driven a Porsche, I'd struggle to get in and it'll be impossible for me to get out.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I dunno about Canada but my youth was in the 60's, we had fun, and fun I mean. We were making money without hurting anybody
    although illegal but it was fun.
    Yea eh I had lots of fun experiences in my youth, too. I knew maybe too much about how to have a good time. Now I am nearly the opposite, but I still like more of the off beat side of music and comedy shows, but I think some people see me as more straight but I just don't like mean to the animals or to other people, pretty much laugh at everything since jokes doesn't hurt people if it's done properly. No straw man arguments coming out of me, attacking the person not the idea. I'm not a meany lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)