Thread: Question on doors locking

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question on doors locking

I have a question. The doors automaticly lock after so many minutes or seconds. Which is great. But what if you leave your keys in car letting it warm in the cold weather. Will they still lock then the keys are locked in car.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I have a question. The doors automaticly lock after so many minutes or seconds. Which is great. But what if you leave your keys in car letting it warm in the cold weather. Will they still lock then the keys are locked in car.
    If the key is in the ignition while either on or off, than the door won't lock. Headlights switch off too if you forget to turn off your lights in order to save the ole battery. My old Hondas didn't do that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I assume you have a key with the keyless entry feature, because some base model Mirages in Canada don't have that feature.

Try locking the car with your key in the ignition & tell us what happens.

In case this experiment goes bad, make sure you have you extra key nearby or a window open.

Doors automatically lock after 30 seconds or so after you hit unlock with the keyfob-if you don’t open a door. It’ll probably say in the owners manual. Once the key is in the ignition you can’t lock the doors with the door open.

Otherwise it’s almost impossible to lock the keys in these cars, at least while the key is in the ignition. Even manually locking the door via the button or switch on door won’t work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you that makes me feel better.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you for the info.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    To confirm what A N Other's have stated if you unlock the doors via the remote control and you fail to enter then after 30 seconds the doors automatically lock. Now for the clever bit (witchcraft) I left a keyfob in my car and took out my spare to lock the door, and it just would not lock, all this at a Mitsubishi dealer, ooops me thinks, going to be expensive. Then I had a moment, I removed the key from inside the car and it locked. Japanese trickery.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

I think wolf's car is like mine and doesn't have the fancy push button start space age technology.
    I think you can only get that fancy key in Canuckystan if you spend all the peso's and buy the boy racer Rolls Royce "GT" edition. Which only comes with a cvt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)