Thread: plate light fuse location?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question plate light fuse location?

hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows which fuse powers the license plate lights? Ive looked at the service manual diagram and I dont see a fuse that is designated to supply power to these lights?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 3.41.08 AM.png
Views: 523
Size:  49.2 KB

So i found which fuse, its apparently on the same fuse as the side marker/parking lights. does this mean that the plate light isnt on whenever the car is on? i thought it was like daytime running lights and they were always on... guess i may have never paid attention to it

No, license plate lights do not turn on when DRL are on. And they don't on any other car that I'm aware of. Turning on the smallest dimmest bulbs on a car where they're not effect whatsoever in the day seems a little pointless to me. It wouldn't be too hard to make them come on with the drl if you're really into that kinda thing.

But good news! Because people are getting dimmer every day(not realizing when their headlights are off in the dark, for starters) big brother is making automatic head and tail lights mandatory pretty soon in Canada so when that happens you'll be happy to know that the license plate lights will on too.

I wonder if anyone will try making automatic seat belts again??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)