Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 OEM steel wheels in good condition for sale 14x4.5"

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Is your car green like that? I like the green color Mirage. And those wheels ... are sharp. I'm going to (try to) spend all my extra money this year on my Scamp. So, since those wheels likely cost more than $0, I think I'll just have to settle for wheel envy.
    $67 a pop. Vision Cross 14x5.5" alloys from Discount Tire. It costed a total of $420. Not bad considering some wheels cost that just for one wheel lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Your new wheels look great!

When I search for 14" Mirage aftermarket wheels @ tirerack.com. 13 out of the 14 choices are 14" x 6". Only one 14" x 5.5" choice comes up. I think 5.5" wide rims like the ones you have are perfect for a Mirage. If you plan on using 175+ wide tires, however, there's nothing wrong with 6" wide rims.

If I search for 16" wheels option for my 2011 Forester, 47 wheel options appear.

Smaller vehicles with smaller wheels usually have less options to pick from. You're wheels look really nice on your Mirage!
    Thank you Mark! It was your advice that prompted me to put the exact same wheels and tires on the wife's G4. I just got tired of looking at my Auto Zone wheel covers with zip ties lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thank you Mark! It was your advice that prompted me to put the exact same wheels and tires on the wife's G4. I just got tired of looking at my Auto Zone wheel covers with zip ties lol.
    As you sell your remaining steel wheels, are you throwing in the wheel covers with new zip ties?

It may make the deal too hard for somebody to pass up!!!

If anyone wants to use two set of tires (winter/summer), buying a used set of factory steel rims is the cheapest way to go! I will also add this. The factory wheel covers fit better/tighter in the factory steel wheels verses the aftermarket pair of steel rims that I have.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Here they are, discount wheels for a discount car baby!
    That looks real sharp. How’s the ride?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-16-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That looks real sharp. How’s the ride?
    Why thank you Eggman! The ride feels the same. It's an additional 12lbs. vs the OEM set up so I'm sure my mpg will take a hit. Not that I would notice, seeing as I'm always @ 3k rpms lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    My assumption is that those wheels would have been lighter, being an aluminum alloy. However, to get the required strength plus to get a nice style, material must be added. I guess that's why they're heavier. The steel wheel are probably made as simple as possible with minimal material ... yielding a rather low weight.

I have taken the mighty Mirage through the car wash once. I was concerned the cheapie wheel covers (not factory ones) would get pulled off. Because they really felt "barely on there" when I installed them. But ... they stayed on. I guess I'll stay with them if they stay on. I'll zip tie them as needed (maybe when they get tired of hanging on).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My assumption is that those wheels would have been lighter, being an aluminum alloy. However, to get the required strength plus to get a nice style, material must be added. I guess that's why they're heavier. The steel wheel are probably made as simple as possible with minimal material ... yielding a rather low weight.

I have taken the mighty Mirage through the car wash once. I was concerned the cheapie wheel covers (not factory ones) would get pulled off. Because they really felt "barely on there" when I installed them. But ... they stayed on. I guess I'll stay with them if they stay on. I'll zip tie them as needed (maybe when they get tired of hanging on).
    I ziptied mine, worked like charm. My buddy at work has a brand new Mirage with 2 wheel covers already missing. They just simply don't hold well in my experience. I bought black wheel covers to mask the black zipties.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $67 a pop. Vision Cross 14x5.5" alloys from Discount Tire. It costed a total of $420. Not bad considering some wheels cost that just for one wheel lol.
    I almost went for those, found them a bit cheaper for a full set of 4 on Ebay, but found a better bargain on Amazon for the ones I ended up with which were different. Them, combined with a new set of 175 sized Westlake RP 15 tires, cost me around $485 delivered and installed. Still love the ones you got though, they really fit the cars looks well
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 02-17-2021 at 05:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-17-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    I almost went for those, found them a bit cheaper for a full set of 4 on Ebay, but found a better bargain on Amazon for the ones I ended up with which were different. Them, combined with a new set of 175 sized Westlake RP 15 tires, cost me around $485 delivered and installed. Still love the ones you got though, they really fit the cars looks well
    Appreciate it bro! I have the exact same set up on my wife's G4 too, 175 65 r14 Barum Brillantis2 tires and those wheels. I'll see how they feel doing 75mph today on my way too work.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-17-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Wheels felt good on the hwy. Question though. Since those alloys weigh more, is that going to be added stress on my little brakes? Faster pad denigration?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-17-2021)