Thread: My non Mitsubishi car.

Country
    UK
    Thanks

My non Mitsubishi car.

Having got rid of the Mirage because of its appalling road manners I got a Mercedes A Class which proved to be the second worst car I ever owned, the first was a Mercedes C class 240 Elegance which rusted more than Italy.
    I fooked that Teutonic piece of sh?t off after about 3 months and bought a Vauxhall Corsa SRi 3 door.
    It comes with auto lights, auto wipers a/c cruise with limiter, an Audi like red light from the interior mirror down to the centre console. DAB radio and a steering wheel to boot.
    Streets ahead and miles better than that German piece of sh?t. Attached (hopefully) are some pictures.Name:  IMG20210216112830.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  96.9 KBName:  IMG20210216113321.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  91.6 KBName:  IMG20210216190810.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  83.6 KB

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Having got rid of the Mirage because of its appalling road manners I got a Mercedes A Class which proved to be the second worst car I ever owned, the first was a Mercedes C class 240 Elegance which rusted more than Italy.
    I fooked that Teutonic piece of sh?t off after about 3 months and bought a Vauxhall Corsa SRi 3 door.
    It comes with auto lights, auto wipers a/c cruise with limiter, an Audi like red light from the interior mirror down to the centre console. DAB radio and a steering wheel to boot.
    Streets ahead and miles better than that German piece of sh?t. Attached (hopefully) are some pictures.Name:  IMG20210216112830.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  96.9 KBName:  IMG20210216113321.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  91.6 KBName:  IMG20210216190810.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  83.6 KB
    Good looking ride. I'm quite jealous of the sheer selection the UK gets in subcompacts. In the states you can get either the Mirage or a Chevy Spark, that's it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Chad -

"Once a Marine always a Marine." - USMC

The same goes for Mirage owners. Once you become a Mirage owner, you remain in the Mirage family for life. Even if the Mirage wasn't the perfect car for you, the forum can still be a nice place to hang out! It's nice having you join us on the forum again.

I hope your new wheels keep you happier than your last two vehicles we know about now.

Mark

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (02-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A subset of these Vauxhaul/Opel vehicles are sold in the States under the Buick brand. Honestly, very sharp/classy looking vehicles. Just not that popular, though.

Actually had my eye on the Buick Regal TourX before I got my Mirage. A very different vehicle, for sure, but a very classy/unique design that was being let go for cheap by dealers because they just weren't selling. Most places I talked to were very quick to classify them as a "European-designed wagon." I think they had Audi/BMW in their sights.

P.S. - Love the turkey thermometer in your air vent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

itschad (02-16-2021)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Gentlemen, thank you for your input. Now a short history of Vauxhall, founded in what is now south London a stones throw from the Thames and the MI5 building that got blown up in a James Bond film, it was named after Foulkes Hall, years passed and a company opened up the Vauxhall ( a *******isation of Foulkes Hall that had long been forgotten) Iron works eventually making motor cars. GM bought the company around 1930 and completely buggered it up along with Saab in later years. Vauxhall is now like a long lost and forgotten adoption of several companies, firstly France (yuk, as a Brit that hurts saying that) now just some long lost soul in a company in Holland named Stellantis along with Opel. Sorry chaps but GM has screwed nearly all that they purchased. The founder of GM was of French descent, typical, everything the French touch goes tits up (Vietnam for example)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post

P.S. - Love the turkey thermometer in your air vent.
    I had nowhere else to stick it, I had my pants on.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Gentlemen, thank you for your input. Now a short history of Vauxhall, founded in what is now south London a stones throw from the Thames and the MI5 building that got blown up in a James Bond film, it was named after Foulkes Hall, years passed and a company opened up the Vauxhall ( a *******isation of Foulkes Hall that had long been forgotten) Iron works eventually making motor cars. GM bought the company around 1930 and completely buggered it up along with Saab in later years. Vauxhall is now like a long lost and forgotten adoption of several companies, firstly France (yuk, as a Brit that hurts saying that) now just some long lost soul in a company in Holland named Stellantis along with Opel. Sorry chaps but GM has screwed nearly all that they purchased. The founder of GM was of French descent, typical, everything the French touch goes tits up (Vietnam for example)
    Admiral Nelson would be proud!