Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog lights

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Fog lights

I was wondering if I can hook up fog lights direct from battery to a switch in car.Here is a pic of the set up I will be getting installed.Name:  146052443_270475021103144_4507919973133294841_n - Copy.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  34.0 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your Mirage already has all the wiring required to connect and operate the fog lights from within the vehicle - the fog light switch is built into the standard light stalk. After installing the fog lights (it's plug and play - there is already a wire/plug under the hood of your car), all you need to do is enable a feature in your car's computer for the switch to work.

You talk to your car's computer using a laptop via ETACS, which requires a special cable and software. You can search "ETACS" to find a thread here on the forum about it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I was wondering if I can hook up fog lights direct from battery to a switch in car.Here is a pic of the set up I will be getting installed.
    Mrfixit (forum member) has shared a nice youtube.com on this topic -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcMpT6JalTQ&t=4s

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would like to have them on a separate switch so i can turn them on alone without going through the computer or causing electronic issues. By hooking then straight to the switch to the battery it shouldn,t interfere with computer or wiring at all I think. Has anyone did this before? If you did would love to hear from your experience.
    Last edited by Wolf; 02-17-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Help with this problem before i spend the money.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would like to have them on a separate switch so i can turn them on alone without going through the computer or causing electronic issues. By hooking then straight to the switch to the battery it shouldn,t interfere with computer or wiring at all I think. Has anyone did this before? If you did would love to hear from your experience.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    If you leave them on by accident with them wired to the battery you will come out to find...a dead battery. Fog lights will pull some substantial amps so you are probably going to have to relay them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Does that kit include a fuse?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Having a fog light switch in my car that isn't connected to the fog lights I have in my car would totally trigger my OCD.

I was wondering if I can hook up fog lights direct from battery to a switch in car.Here is a pic of the set up I will be getting installed.Name:  146052443_270475021103144_4507919973133294841_n - Copy.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  34.0 KB
    The answer is yes. Yes you add fog lights and run them right off the battery.

Like others repeated...you should have the wiring there and the switch on the turn signal stalk already. If you go the factory look route you’ll need to add a relay then have someone like the dealer activate the ability to turn the fog lights on. It’s a cleaner way to go but more complicated and expensive.

Do what you want, it’s your car.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-18-2021 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Huffed too much brakeclean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)