Thread: which fuses have constant power?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question which fuses have constant power?

Hello friends.

Im trying to install a 3 wire dashcam kit that requires 2 fuse taps, one constant power and one accessory fuse. Heres a link to the kit: https://www.amazon.ca/VanTop-Hardwir...ct_top?ie=UTF8 I was wondering which fuses you guys would recommend i tap into? I was originally going to use the dome light fuse for constant power and the cigerette lighter fuse for accessory power. but im unsure if the dome light fuse is constantly powered?

Also with regard to the "not used" fuses in the in cabin fuse box diagram such as numbers 5,6,24 and the heated seat fuse #17 (i dont have heated seats) are these all constant power fuses or do these switch on and off with accessory power or?...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Also make sure the fuse you pick doesn't have a timer on it to shut it off after a set amount of time. My car turns the dome light off if I leave the door open overnight... (& maybe other things???)
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Aren’t you worried about draining and depleting your battery?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Aren’t you worried about draining and depleting your battery?
    The newer cams will detect voltage level and shut themselves off at a certain threshold.

The reason for the three wires is that the camera is full power recording when it detects the car is on, and then switches to a low-power mode to conserve energy when the car is off. Low power runtime is generally measured in days.