Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Sunny" comes home. I love my 2018 so much, that I bought the wife a 2021 ES!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

"Sunny" comes home. I love my 2018 so much, that I bought the wife a 2021 ES!

Hey there everyone. I bought my 2018 new back in March of 2019, it's a red ES with the CVT. In the months that followed, I added cruise control, fog lights, and some minor touches to make it my own. Both my wife and I really, really like the car and my wife has been eyeing the redesigned Mirage since we first saw a youtube video of a 2020 from overseas.
    Well, they finally arrived here in the USA and even came in that crazy Mustard Metalic Yellow! She decided to part ways with her 2002 Honda Civic and we were able to purchase a brand new 2021 ES with the 5-speed stick for Less than I paid for mt 2018 at White Bear Mitsubishi.

It arrived safely in North Carolina Yesterday and she is a beauty! We do plan on adding some fog lights as well as mud flaps to her, but other than that she is good to go! It will be interesting to see how she holds up compared to the 2018 CVT one I have.

Here she is:
    Name:  IMG_20210215_164948119_MP.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20210215_164958382_MP.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20210215_165013730_MP.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  98.1 KB

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (02-18-2021),Clessy (02-22-2021),dragon2knight (02-19-2021),dspace9 (02-18-2021),Fummins (02-20-2021),inuvik (02-18-2021),MetroMPG (02-18-2021),Top_Fuel (02-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    ...we were able to purchase a brand new 2021 ES with the 5-speed stick for less than I paid for mt 2018 at White Bear Mitsubishi.
    I noticed that if you own a Mirage (or other current Mitsubishi model) that they will stack the discount on top of their already low price.

So for a current Mirage owner, you can buy a new 2021 5-speed for $9,999 right now at White Bear.

Name:  discount.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  81.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    Hey there everyone. I bought my 2018 new back in March of 2019, it's a red ES with the CVT. In the months that followed, I added cruise control, fog lights, and some minor touches to make it my own. Both my wife and I really, really like the car and my wife has been eyeing the redesigned Mirage since we first saw a youtube video of a 2020 from overseas.
    Well, they finally arrived here in the USA and even came in that crazy Mustard Metalic Yellow! She decided to part ways with her 2002 Honda Civic and we were able to purchase a brand new 2021 ES with the 5-speed stick for Less than I paid for mt 2018 at White Bear Mitsubishi.

It arrived safely in North Carolina Yesterday and she is a beauty! We do plan on adding some fog lights as well as mud flaps to her, but other than that she is good to go! It will be interesting to see how she holds up compared to the 2018 CVT one I have.
    Congrats to your wife's new Mirage! It looks really sharp!

Those vintage Honda Civics were great cars. My daughter drives 2003 Civic automatic, & it has been a good car for her. Today's new Civic is no longer a small, economy car, & I would say the same about the Corolla. Sadly, the Yaris & Fit are disappearing off the scene these days. I believe there's still a market for an affordable, reliable, economy cars, & a discounted Mirage checks those boxes very well!

It sounds like White Bear Mitsubishi treated you very well. It's also nice to see their new 2021 models are being discounted already. Factory cruise control becoming standard for all models in 2019+ was a very nice addition.

I would be interested in your opinion of the added "brake assist" feature added this year to all models. Maybe sometime in the future you can share your take on that feature. I am not suggesting that you drive your wife's new car recklessly to test it out, however! I believe emergency brake assist is the only major change this year outside the new front look of course.

When I discovered the Mirage's OTD price @ White Bear Mitsubishi a few years ago, I stopped looking at used cars. I surely wasn't going to buy a used 2014-15 Mirage when a new 2017 was about the same price or less in some cases (depending on the trim level & transmission). Likewise, the used Yaris, Fit, & Mazda2 with manual transmissions fell off my radar!

You may experience some Mirage envy on the forum, because several have made positive comments about the new yellow! If I bought a second Mirage some day, it would be one of the bright colors. Being visible in a small car is never a bad thing.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again!

P.S. - Did it come with their stuffed toy white bear?
    Last edited by Mark; 02-18-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Congrats, Mrfixit !

Very appropriate nickname for the colour.

It speaks volumes about this little car that more than a few members here have multiple Mirages in their families.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Hold up, the wife is getting the manual and your stuck with the CVT? Hell naw.....
    I kid I kid! Also as a Georgia Southern University alum App. State can go kick rocks! Goooooo Eagles baby!
    For those not in the know, Boone is home to Appalachian State, my school's biggest football rival.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wonder if I could get White Bear to not prep one with the front plate... hmmmm
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I wonder if I could get White Bear to not prep one with the front plate... hmmmm
    I don't think tapping the front bumper would be a requirement of them selling a car to you.

Minnesota, Iowa, & Wisconsin require front plates, & I would guess the majority of their sold cars end up there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Right, but that's what I am saying. I am sure its just part of their prep process. I would have to tell them what I wanted up front and they would they have to acquire and then not drill the bumper and it doesn't feel like I would get the same deal that way... idk
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Right, but that's what I am saying. I am sure its just part of their prep process. I would have to tell them what I wanted up front and they would they have to acquire and then not drill the bumper and it doesn't feel like I would get the same deal that way... idk
    Could they set one aside for you from their next shipment? Wouldn’t hurt to ask.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hold up, the wife is getting the manual and your stuck with the CVT? Hell naw.....
    I kid I kid! Also as a Georgia Southern University alum App. State can go kick rocks! Goooooo Eagles baby!
    For those not in the know, Boone is home to Appalachian State, my school's biggest football rival.
    And also a fun college town in a gorgeous valley too. Hippie Hill was fun to party on. Good times.

Last edited by Eggman; 02-19-2021 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Fixed BB Code