Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New car shopping

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    l love the new Mirage G4 sedan with the manual. Plus it has all the safety systems to keep you safe. (yeah, l know l rip on the safety systems but for most people it's great and can be lifesaving, l just don't like those systems myself, but l have to get used to them eventually).

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Super retarded GM enginerding right there. Almost thought it was a Ford.
    My Dad retired from GM after 33 years. We were a GM family all the years I was growing up. But I just can't get past the idiotic engineering choices and poor reliability. And to me, the difference wrenching on a Honda/Toyota/Mitsu vs. a GM product is night and day.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-19-2021),MirageRally (02-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Unsure about the 9 speed auto, the last newer chevy I owned was a sonic that had serious electrical issues. Ended up being a lemon and the deal bought it back from me. A big thing for me is deal quality. The Mitsubishi dealer I use has been fantastic! We drove about an hour to visit a different Chevy dealer last weekend. The sales guy was nice and understood we are just starting to look around. Will probably go this weekend and look at a Hyundai Kona.
    My situation would be the opposite. There are easily 20 Chevy dealerships closer to to me than any Mitsubishi dealership, & my closest Mitsubishi dealership is not one I would trust. Their sales practices were so shady that the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicle shut them down for over a month to investigate them last spring. How often do you hear that about a dealership? Since this happened during the early appearance of COVID, they got by without many people noticing. They have changed their name since that time, but it's the same owners.

I like the looks of the Trail Blazer, but the powertrain wouldn't inspire me to buy one.

The Hyundai Kona appears very nice. A 1.6L or 2.0L engine with a more traditional automatic transmission like the Kona has would be more appealing to me. I have lost some faith in Hyundai & KIA recently. They've been recalling a lot of engines lately.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37985/...lso%20included.

If you really like your Mitsubishi dealership, I would surely give the Outlander Sport a good look!

I think Mazda gets overlooked at times, but I think they are making some really nice vehicles right now. I don't put much stock in Consumer Reports, but they ranked Mazda the most reliable brand in 2020. The CX-3 & CX-30 would be small SUVs that would get my look these days.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-19-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Mazda charging Toyota prices now sadly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mazda charging Toyota prices now sadly.
    I don't see why Mazda would charge less than Toyota?

I don't go by reviews, because those who review vehicles can be quite clueless or bought. Let's take JD Power for example. Only a fool would believe some of the crap they print -

What is the Best Car for 2020?
    Audi A3: Top-ranked in its segment in both quality and overall appeal.
    Cadillac CT6: Top-ranked in its segment in both quality and overall appeal.
    Chevrolet Sonic: Top-ranked model of all vehicles in terms of quality.
    Genesis G70: Top-ranked in its segment in both quality and overall appeal.

Taken from

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shoppin...t-cars-of-2020

For those bashing the Chevy Sonic - According to JD Power it's the top-ranked model of all vehicles in term of quality.

If that's true. Nothing is worth buying today!

Outside of a discounted Mirage, I wouldn't throw money at any new vehicle. Someone else can take the depreciation hit. I've grown to like no car payments to much.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-20-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't see why Mazda would charge less than Toyota?

I don't go by reviews, because those who review vehicles can be quite clueless or bought. Let's take JD Power for example. Only a fool would believe some of the crap they print -

What is the Best Car for 2020?
    Audi A3: Top-ranked in its segment in both quality and overall appeal.
    Cadillac CT6: Top-ranked in its segment in both quality and overall appeal.
    Chevrolet Sonic: Top-ranked model of all vehicles in terms of quality.
    Genesis G70: Top-ranked in its segment in both quality and overall appeal.

Taken from

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shoppin...t-cars-of-2020

For those bashing the Chevy Sonic - According to JD Power it's the top-ranked model of all vehicles in term of quality.

If that's true. Nothing is worth buying today!

Outside of a discounted Mirage, I wouldn't throw money at any new vehicle. Someone else can take the depreciation hit. I've grown to like no car payments to much.
    Because they used to really.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark, Mad City is actually owned by Kunes Country now. Not the same owners. But I hate Kunes Country even more.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Mark, Mad City is actually owned by Kunes Country now. Not the same owners. But I hate Kunes Country even more.
    I stand corrected. I thought they just changed their name, but you are right. The former owner of Mad City was Steve Ganser. I just looked that up.

I don't want to bash a new owner without reason. My hope is the new owner would be better, because I would like to see a Mitsubishi dealership survive in Madison.

If you don't mind me asking, where does your hatred of Kunes Country come from?

I apologize for these posts taking a side track here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought a used Yaris from Kunes Country Chevy in Delevan. Part of the deal was it needed a new bumper and the plastic fender wells replaced. Then they accused me of damaging the bumper which really pissed me off (thank god I took pictures) so I lost my cool and yelled at them. They realized they ****ed up and their body shop did such a half ass bull**** job it had to go back twice in my ownership for them to repaint the damn bumper because the paint was peeling off. Worthless customer support, horrible body shop, and overpriced.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Because they used to really.
    Nothing is cheap any more. I have never owned a Mazda or a Toyota for that matter. Cheap does not always equate to best value. I just like what I see coming from Mazda these days. They are not making cheap vehicles. I agree with that.