Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New car shopping

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ugh, I hate Nissan. I'd never buy a platformed shared Nissan. Dumbass Mitsubishi... come on...

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    It shares a lot underneath, but the AWD system is different between the two.
    Mitsu AWC is nice but pointless if your Mitsubishi Rogue's CVT grenades. Maybe I'm wrong and this is the year Nissan gets their Xtronic system correct. They've had 20 years to perfect the Jatco lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hopefully Nissan will let Mits take care of the CVT programming.

What about a Kia Niro? Or is your wife adiment on having awd like mine is?

I can't speak for how reliable they'd be with the fandangled hybrid setup and dual clutch transmission but they've been out for a little while now. And fuel economy numbers are pretty impressive. 50ish +mpg?

I'd totally get rid of both my Mirages and strongly consider a Niro. Would have a longer range, better economy(in theory) and presumably a nicer vehicle overall. What could go wrong?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What about a Kia Niro? Or is your wife adiment on having awd like mine is?

I can't speak for how reliable they'd be with the fandangled hybrid setup and dual clutch transmission but they've been out for a little while now. And fuel economy numbers are pretty impressive. 50ish +mpg?

I'd totally get rid of both my Mirages and strongly consider a Niro. Would have a longer range, better economy(in theory) and presumably a nicer vehicle overall. What could go wrong?
    Per my wife AWD or nothing. That or a Camaro and I can't afford her speeding tickets.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Hopefully Nissan will let Mits take care of the CVT programming.
    For the purposes of streamlining manufacturing, I can't imagine it would be cheaper to have a Nissan engine mated to a INVEC III programmed CVT from Mitsubishi. I'm just guessing but it makes more sense, costwise, to put the Xtronic CVT in with a Nissan engine instead of having to research how a Mitsu programmed unit would mesh with a totally different engine. I hope your right though, that would be a piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Per my wife AWD or nothing. That or a Camaro and I can't afford her speeding tickets.
    Attachment 20663

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)