Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New car shopping

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    J. D. Power awards are meaningless dog**** at best and outright lies at worst.

Can't remember the specific reason and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure it's because J. D. Power is actually a marketing firm. They help brands with their image. Hmmm... I wonder how they do that?

Also, their "most dependable" car of the year award for 2020 went to the... *drumroll please*... Porsche 911.

What the ****

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely drive the Mazdas. There is a reason the CX-5 is generally loved by automotive jounalists.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Definitely drive the Mazdas. There is a reason the CX-5 is generally loved by automotive jounalists.
    I have no intention of buying a new vehicle soon or even ever again, but if I was in the market for a new SUV today the Toyota RAV4 & Highlander & Mazda's SUV line up would be the only ones that I would look at. I would not buy a small turbo or unproven transmission. My money would go elsewhere.

I have zero brand loyalty. Like I said earlier, I have never owned these brands in the past.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Hello all,
    As summer gets closer it is time to start thinking about replacing my wifes 100k Versa Note s. I love the service and warranty that come with my mirage. Thus far we are looking at.
    1. Mitsubishi outlander sport
    2. Chevy trail blazer

other are soon to follow. Do any of you own any other mits models. How do you feel about them? Likes Dislikes?
    I saw the new 2022 Outlander the other day in my e-mail inbox. Mitsubishi has really changed the grill design for their next generation from the looks of it. I'm not sure what to say, Outlander looks more Tiguan now.

Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 557
Size:  39.1 KB
    Name:  unnamed (2).jpg
Views: 478
Size:  28.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Mitsubishi Xpander Cross you just posted is not sold in Canada or USA unfortunately.
    *for those that don't know the car, here's a photo I just got off that link there from Fummins
    Name:  Xpander Cross.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  11.8 KB

Looks way more squished than the new Outlander does. Outlander looks a bit like a Genesis GV80, or other Hyundai product. Xpander Cross looks like a Ford Escape.

I think the new Outlander is already in showrooms in Ontario, I could be wrong, but coming soon for sure. For months, I was getting "disguised" Outlander emails, trying to hype up the new SUV. They release 2022 models early with Mitsubishi.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    J. D. Power awards are meaningless dog**** at best and outright lies at worst.

Can't remember the specific reason and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure it's because J. D. Power is actually a marketing firm. They help brands with their image. Hmmm... I wonder how they do that?

Also, their "most dependable" car of the year award for 2020 went to the... *drumroll please*... Porsche 911.

What the ****
    Having worked as a design engineer in the Automotive world for both Toyota and Hyundai-Kia, I'm going to have to say, the PityOnU is SPOT ON in this regard.

It is quite amazing how the Hyundai crap turd Sonata went from lack luster mid-pack or lower initial quality to either top ranked or nearly top ranked after Hyundai-Kia "hosted" them a few times at the plant. Money transfers does wonders for quality.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I saw the new 2022 Outlander the other day in my e-mail inbox. Mitsubishi has really changed the grill design for their next generation from the looks of it. I'm not sure what to say, Outlander looks more Tiguan now.

Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 557
Size:  39.1 KB
    Name:  unnamed (2).jpg
Views: 478
Size:  28.3 KB
    That's a Nissan Rogue with a Nissan engine and a Nissan Xtronic programmed CVT8. The AWC is Mitsubishi and of course the front fascia. This new Outlander will blow up in Mitsubishi face in the next 5 years or so when a large % of them experience premature cvt failure just like the Rogue. My hack research is completely hyperbolic but just scouring hundreds of older Outlanders owners experience vs Rogue owners experience is shocking. There is a plethora of Rogue whinging and only a sporadic amount of Outlander owners complaining about CVT failure. I hope I'm wrong and this new Outlander saves NA Mitsubishi though but I'm not holding my breath.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So the new Outlander is a disguised Rogue; like a Ford Taurus is to a Mercury Sable. This new Outlander will be "the" vehicle that the sales folks will be upselling when people are shopping for a new SUV. Good to know the real roots of the vehicle.

Myself, I was looking at a used Nissan Qashqai manual a while back, seemed like a lot of vehicle for the money.

I would never consider new, except in the economy car segment. I'm not spending $40,000 on a car, ever, no matter what kind of money I'm making. I'd rather retire early and sit on my Muskoka chair looking at my old Mirage lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    So the new Outlander is a disguised Rogue; like a Ford Taurus is to a Mercury Sable. This new Outlander will be "the" vehicle that the sales folks will be upselling when people are shopping for a new SUV. Good to know the real roots of the vehicle.

Myself, I was looking at a used Nissan Qashqai manual a while back, seemed like a lot of vehicle for the money.

I would never consider new, except in the economy car segment. I'm not spending $40,000 on a car, ever, no matter what kind of money I'm making. I'd rather retire early and sit on my Muskoka chair looking at my old Mirage lol.
    It shares a lot underneath, but the AWD system is different between the two.

(blank signature)