Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: New car shopping

  1. #31
    Senior Member Dodge Aries K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 304 Times in 206 Posts
    Ugh, I hate Nissan. I'd never buy a platformed shared Nissan. Dumbass Mitsubishi... come on...


    -Karl B. 2015 DE 5 speed x 2. Plenty of other cars as well.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    3,397
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 659 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    It shares a lot underneath, but the AWD system is different between the two.
    Mitsu AWC is nice but pointless if your Mitsubishi Rogue's CVT grenades. Maybe I'm wrong and this is the year Nissan gets their Xtronic system correct. They've had 20 years to perfect the Jatco lol.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    United States, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Hopefully Nissan will let Mits take care of the CVT programming.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    here
    Country
    Aaland
    Posts
    5,288
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2,215
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,696 Posts
    What about a Kia Niro? Or is your wife adiment on having awd like mine is?

    I can't speak for how reliable they'd be with the fandangled hybrid setup and dual clutch transmission but they've been out for a little while now. And fuel economy numbers are pretty impressive. 50ish +mpg?

    I'd totally get rid of both my Mirages and strongly consider a Niro. Would have a longer range, better economy(in theory) and presumably a nicer vehicle overall. What could go wrong?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    United States, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What about a Kia Niro? Or is your wife adiment on having awd like mine is?

    I can't speak for how reliable they'd be with the fandangled hybrid setup and dual clutch transmission but they've been out for a little while now. And fuel economy numbers are pretty impressive. 50ish +mpg?

    I'd totally get rid of both my Mirages and strongly consider a Niro. Would have a longer range, better economy(in theory) and presumably a nicer vehicle overall. What could go wrong?
    Per my wife AWD or nothing. That or a Camaro and I can't afford her speeding tickets.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    3,397
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 659 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Hopefully Nissan will let Mits take care of the CVT programming.
    For the purposes of streamlining manufacturing, I can't imagine it would be cheaper to have a Nissan engine mated to a INVEC III programmed CVT from Mitsubishi. I'm just guessing but it makes more sense, costwise, to put the Xtronic CVT in with a Nissan engine instead of having to research how a Mitsu programmed unit would mesh with a totally different engine. I hope your right though, that would be a piece of mind.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    here
    Country
    Aaland
    Posts
    5,288
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2,215
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Per my wife AWD or nothing. That or a Camaro and I can't afford her speeding tickets.
    Name:  2o3jhy.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  22.6 KB


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •