Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a new 2019 G4 sight unseen and without test drive

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Bought a new 2019 G4 sight unseen and without test drive

Hello all - just got a new 2019 G4 because I wanted the cheapest new transportation possible
    I bought it from several States away and had it shipped here without a test drive or any prior experiences with Mitsubishi. I believe that I bought the second cheapest new car in America. The cheapest would have been a 2018, but I wanted cruise control which didn't come standard until 2018. Anyways, I have been really pleased with my first 30 miles or so. I'm glad I ignored a lot of the reviews out there. Happy to have found this forum.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweeker View Post
    Hello all - just got a new 2019 G4 because I wanted the cheapest new transportation possible
    I bought it from several States away and had it shipped here without a test drive or any prior experiences with Mitsubishi. I believe that I bought the second cheapest new car in America. The cheapest would have been a 2018, but I wanted cruise control which didn't come standard until 2018. Anyways, I have been really pleased with my first 30 miles or so. I'm glad I ignored a lot of the reviews out there. Happy to have found this forum.
    You're a braver person than me. I test drove a Mirage locally before buying one from another state. Cruise control becoming standard in 2019 was a nice addition to the base models.

You will find many happy Mirage owners on the forum. Congrats on your new G4!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Hi Dweeker and welcome to the forum!

Back in 2014 there were none on the streets here and no promotion either. A guy from Thailand told me about them. I ended up buying mine without having test driven or seeing one, much like you. Meanwhile I did a few modifications, in particular to the steering and the front seats. You may want to download the factory service manual (FSM) and read up a few things in order to maintain it yourself after warranty expires. That way it remains in perfect condition.
    Last edited by foama; 02-21-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Welcome Dweeker!

I bought it from several States away and had it shipped here without a test drive or any prior experiences with Mitsubishi.
    That is just too funny. I would love to see the reaction if you were to make such an announcement on just about any car blog/review site. You would literally cause heads to explode.

What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Congrats Dweeker! I watched Dog Decrapo's video and I was SOLD. I did however rent a G4 from Turo on a trip I took with my sons to Las Vegas. It was a CVT, but I had driven a couple 5 speeds at dealerships so I knew I would highly prefer the 5 speed. But the G4 was the better choice for hauling passengers. If I were going to do that much (carry passengers), I would have choose the G4. But I'm liking the hatch very well. My 3 sons rode in the back of the hatch (well, 2 back there, 1 in the front) with no complaints.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you very much!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you - that's a good thought.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I still drive a '93 Volvo 940 and '16 Tahoe. My wife is a Subaru fanatic, so I occasionally drive her '05 Forrester.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A good friend of mine is thinking about buying one too, mostly sight unseen, though he is coming from a couple of hundred miles away to try mine, among other things.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweeker View Post
    Where did you find a '19 still in stock? My wife is looking for a cheap daily driver and we're considering the Mirage. Is yours an automatic or stick shift? Do you mind sharing what you had to pay for a new '19?