Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rattle/Buzz from under steering wheel under engine load.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNuggie View Post
    Guys I finally found the culprit after two years of dealing with it in my car, and constantly poking under the dash. I had the exact same noise as in the videos and the dealership kept saying it was normal. I was washing my car today and spraying down the undercarriage when I heard the noise so I started poking around afterwards, it's the break lines that run directly undneath the drivers seat through a metal bracket near the front wheel I used a zip tie to pull the lines a little closer together to keep them snug, the noise is gone now and I am so happy. Hope this helps anyone that is bothered by it like me
    Good work LilNuggie. Thanks for sharing your solution.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

foama (02-04-2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNuggie View Post
    Guys I finally found the culprit after two years of dealing with it in my car, and constantly poking under the dash. I had the exact same noise as in the videos and the dealership kept saying it was normal. I was washing my car today and spraying down the undercarriage when I heard the noise so I started poking around afterwards, it's the break lines that run directly undneath the drivers seat through a metal bracket near the front wheel I used a zip tie to pull the lines a little closer together to keep them snug, the noise is gone now and I am so happy. Hope this helps anyone that is bothered by it like me
    Woah, good find ! I just masked mine with loud music. This should be bookmarked in the forum.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    All bad jokes aside, have you checked your brake lines? Near where the firewall meets the floor(drivers side)there's a bracket that it's possible could cause some weird noise like that. I haven't ran into that before but legend has it, it's really a possibility.
    Fummins for the win!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)