Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to set door locks to auto lock on a 2018 Mirage es

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok thank you for all the feedbacks. Maybe I hit the unlock and walked away then it locked.Sorry for listing this didn,t know it would get people riled up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    A... I know I was able to make it so it unlocked all the doors at the same time after hitting unlock once.
    Fummins, I must have missed something in the instructions. I tried to get mine to do this same thing (as I've done with all my other cars). When I want to unlock the car, I want all doors unlocked when I press the button. I don't understand the logic of only unlocking 1 door. If we were living in the zombie apocalypse and the walking dead were on the right side of the car and I was trying to sneak into the driver's seat and take off ... yeah, then maybe. But if you notice, most zombies don't even know how to open a door, at least on TWD.

Any other scenario is unrealistic. Just unlock all the doors! But I couldn't get it to work, so I have to double push. Learn me how to change that setting! I also would be cool with all the doors automagically locking once the car speed reaches something like 20 mph. I don't like the idea of someone walking up and opening my door at a traffic light ... or at a traffic stop (and I forget to lock them when driving the Mirage).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Sorry for listing this didn,t know it would get people riled up.
    Why do you wanna go and get everybody riled up? Maybe you should change your UN to Woody Woodpecker, not Wolf!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Ok thank you for all the feedbacks. Maybe I hit the unlock and walked away then it locked.Sorry for listing this didn,t know it would get people riled up.
    We're not riled up, just trying to help.

Don't take anything that was posted as insulting, all those positions are already filled.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Fummins.Also answer to your question I have had many many vehicles in my life time.I am 72 years old an the last one I owned before this was a Chev Avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Fummins, I must have missed something in the instructions. I tried to get mine to do this same thing (as I've done with all my other cars). When I want to unlock the car, I want all doors unlocked when I press the button. I don't understand the logic of only unlocking 1 door. If we were living in the zombie apocalypse and the walking dead were on the right side of the car and I was trying to sneak into the driver's seat and take off ... yeah, then maybe. But if you notice, most zombies don't even know how to open a door, at least on TWD.

Any other scenario is unrealistic. Just unlock all the doors! But I couldn't get it to work, so I have to double push. Learn me how to change that setting! I also would be cool with all the doors automagically locking once the car speed reaches something like 20 mph. I don't like the idea of someone walking up and opening my door at a traffic light ... or at a traffic stop (and I forget to lock them when driving the Mirage).
    I used a fancyish scan tool to change mine. I've got an autel maxisys mini. You could probably go the programmer dongle thing that others use along with some Russian software downloads to change things in the etacs module. Seems a little complimicated and a little time consuming.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Thanks Fummins.Also answer to your question I have had many many vehicles in my life time.I am 72 years old an the last one I owned before this was a Chev Avalanche.
    I apologize if I came across as riled up. The only scenario I am aware of anything being automatic related to locks on an ES Mirage is if you unlock your Mirage with your remote & don't pull a door open the car will automatically lock back up after a short period. Once you open any door that automatic locking feature is turned off.

90% of the time, I despise anything associated with the word "automatic", but I'm weird. I have caved on a few things over the years in my old age, too. I've grown to like the hydrostatic automatic transmission on my 28 year old John Deere riding lawn mower, & I even own one semi-automatic shotgun now. There's hope for me!

My biggest pet peeve - You're trying to text someone, & you type in the word you want to say & the it auto corrects you by changing it to another word. I find myself correcting that feature more than it's correcting me. How in the heck is that helpful?????? It's even more annoying when you don't proof read before you send, & it makes you look dumber than you already are!!!!

Going from a Chevy Avalanche to Mitsubishi Mirage is quite a change. You must be noticing a difference at the gas pump at least!

Some of us can be annoying on the forum. I like to think it's mostly Eggman, but I fall into that category, too! Maybe your Mirage had a mind of its own for a time, too. Stranger things have happened!

P.S. - I consider Eggman (& you) my Mirage forum friends regardless of whatever is said here!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you very much. Mark I understand.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

Mark (02-23-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Some of us can be annoying on the forum. I like to think it's mostly Eggman, but I fall into that category, too!
    I got a good chuckle out of that, because I was glad it WASN'T ME that is mostly annoying!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Mark (02-23-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

I thought the procedure for changing this setting was in the owner's manual? I changed it about a week after I got my Mirage.