Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Was sick of getting 14mpg daily, so........

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Was the trans fluid temperature an available gauge...or did you have to add an X-Gauge? If I had a car with a CVT, I'd figure out how to monitor the fluid temp for sure. I'm not sure anyone has done it in a Mirage (other than with a scan tool).

I'm sorry to hear that.
    Yeah I had to type in a ton of numbers from their website, it's an X xgauge, correct.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You'd think that would be true. Having been a design engineer for Toyota, it's not ALL about the intelligence, it's actually more about the mindset on how to approach and resolve issues. I can tell you that Toyota's system to analyze a situation that calls for a decision to be made is on a whole other planet than other OEMs. For the American's, the decision is based on bean counting nearly exclusively. For Toyota, the focus is MUCH MORE focused on the effect to the customer's experience and feeling about their Toyota vehicle. Toyota might drive some people (former American OEM engineers) nuts on how thoroughly they go about resolving what seems to be very simple issues. There is a process.

Most OEMs have really smart design engineers at their development centers and orangutans for their "XXX Motor Sales, Service Departments." But, for example, Hyundai-Kia trains their workers to approach a problem like a neanderthal with a club and duct tape. And Dodge / Chrysler have actual real car guys at their development center (CTC I think they call it). And they do awesome stuff. The rest of the downstream Dodge / Chrysler business centers blow it all to hell. Par for the course for most OEMs. Even Toyota's Service is employed with orangutans. Yet they have MUCH BETTER hardware to beat and bash on than other OEM service orangutans have.

7milesout
    You hit the nail on the head when it comes to what toyota cares about.
    I got a survey and it was nearly all about what key words the car made me feel, and what key words I thought about when buying the corolla. It was very in depth.
    Then it asked which other cars I considered and what feelings and key words best described those cars and why I didn't buy them.
    It allowed me to pick as many as I wanted. Things like happy, sleek, reliable, dependable, incognito, beautiful, technology, resale, joyful etc etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  20210309_184623.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  83.1 KB

Same route as the 44.4 yesterday but made two lights I missed yesterday. All else the same.
    Last edited by Pryme; 03-10-2021 at 08:51 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Pryme - Is the attachment a map? I can't see it due to corporate internet controls...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Pryme - Is the attachment a map? I can't see it due to corporate internet controls...
    Just the scangauge mpg. Looks like a re upload fixed it.

I just pumped up my enasaves today from 35psi to 39. Will see if that helps reign in some mind numbing mileage lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So Toyota gives two years of "toyota care" but the Corolla is speced for 10k mile oil changes. Lmao good one! No way I'll be running the original oil for 10k miles. So I picked up a filter. The corolla filter is on the left. On the right is not a v6 or V8 filter, it's a mirage filter lol.
    Both are the same dia. But the mirage filter is longer.
    I researched it and they are different threads otherwise I'd toss on the longer mirage filter.Name:  20210316_103505.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  93.1 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-09-2021)

That picture needs to be flipped to make any sense of left and right lol

The mirage 57656 filter is larger than the tiny 51358 that I use on our 2.0l Nissans and my inlaw's Murano and even my Kawasaki teryx that holds 4Qt of oil lol.

Wow, I just looked up that corolla filter. It fits Toyota's back to 1983!
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-16-2021 at 04:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That picture needs to be flipped to make any sense of left and right lol

The mirage 57656 filter is larger than the tiny 51358 that I use on our 2.0l Nissans and my inlaw's Murano and even my Kawasaki teryx that holds 4Qt of oil lol.

Wow, I just looked up that corolla filter. It fits Toyota's back to 1983!
    The xp is the mirage filter.
    One glorious thing though is the location of this filter on the corolla is literally on the bottom right next to the oil pan drain plug. Literally the easiest filter I've ever seen. The whole underside of this car has a flat plastic guard probably for aerodynamics but also it will keep the engine bay cleaner I'm betting. I will double check my manual but I think it's 4.4 qts of oil

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    The xp is the mirage filter.
    One glorious thing though is the location of this filter on the corolla is literally on the bottom right next to the oil pan drain plug. Literally the easiest filter I've ever seen. The whole underside of this car has a flat plastic guard probably for aerodynamics but also it will keep the engine bay cleaner I'm betting. I will double check my manual but I think it's 4.4 qts of oil
    My Subaru Forester oil filter is within a couple inches of the oil fill hole on the top of the engine bay. It's by far the easiest I have seen, but it takes 5.5 quarts of oil. That sort of sucks, because one 5-quart jug doesn't finish the job.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    My 1st Gen RX-7's was the easiest. It opened downward, and was located near the top of the firewall on the driver's side. I didn't even have to bend over. And, no mess as any drippage ran into its normal location as the filter is being lifted off. That was great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-17-2021)