Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was sick of getting 14mpg daily, so........

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Was sick of getting 14mpg daily, so........

No I didn't get a Mirage. But I did get a.....

2021 Corolla LE but it has the convenience pkg so it's a bit more upgraded from the regular LE.

And this is a coveted J vin car. Was suprised to see one but there are a few I've seen in my search. Maybe due to covid? Maybe Japan was able to produce more?

Got this bad boy free with a 5 figure check in the glovebox, just had to leave my Tundra with them lol.

On my short drive home she knocked down 39.1mpg without me trying anything.

Name:  20210223_191918.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  87.8 KB

It has the...gasp coughCVTcough. Hope I don't wake up in night sweats ala Dirk over it!

I have to say this is a real sweet ride. Looking forward to what it will do. Should do a bit better than the Tundra.

Gas prices in my area are up 60 cents in a month and I'm willing to bet they will go higher.

Attached Images Attached Images   

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If some kind chap can bring the pics around that would be splendid! Or just do a handstand while viewing

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Toyota Aisin CVTs are probably the most reliable compared to Honda, JATCOs, and whatever Subaru and Hyundai/KIA are using. Still I wouldn't expect to last 300k miles like their old trannys would do often. I think anyone with a cvt vehicle just needs to be happy if they hit 200k miles, unless of course it's an eCVT like in a Prius. You don't worry about those units just the battery degradation.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    If some kind chap can bring the pics around that would be splendid! Or just do a handstand while viewing
    Nice car! I'd rather have a Mirage & the Tundra.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-24-2021 at 04:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I don't want to burst your MPG bubble but I suggest doing the actual math (miles/gallons) over the course of several tanks to find out what kind of mileage you're actually getting. The computer in my Nissan Versa is consistently 4-6 MPG optimistic. The first tank of gas I ran through my Versa the computer was telling me I was getting over 46 MPG when I filled up and did the actual math it was 42.345 MPG which was still 3+ MPG above EPA highway estimate. Most of my driving in the Versa is low speed 40-55 MPH on rural roads and now I usually get high 40's to mid 50's MPG. I'm sure you'll get better mileage than with your previous vehicle so just enjoy your new ride.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2016 Versa For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    The Mirage fuel economy computation is also a bit optimistic by roughly 2.2mpg on average. It's not a big deal really, it won't leave you stranded or otherwise cause the car to stop working.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Getting a headache looking at them upside down...

Name:  Toy1.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  Toy2.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  69.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Ares (03-09-2021),MetroMPG (03-10-2021),Pryme (02-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice car! I'd rather have a Mirage & the Tundra.
    If it was just me driving alone I'd have kept my mirage but just was too small for three kids too and this new corolla has way more safety features and ten airbags plus bigger etc.

As for the tundra it was a hard decision but a logical one.
    I no longer pull any trailers, I don't haul heavy loads regularly or even semi regularly. And because we have the sedona van, it's not even used as a family hauler anymore.

So it was just me in it daily averaging 14mpg. When it was below zero I was getting 12ish around town.
    Plus used truck prices are insanely high! Especially Toyota's. I got ON TRADE only 5,500 less than I bought it for five years ago, that's insane.

So we paid the sedona off with the extra. It just made sense. And now I have a warranty again to boot, the tundra just ran out. And the corolla gets 3x the mileage.

If gas continues to go up, which I'm sure it will plus as the truck got older, the value would drop a good bit I'm sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    These aren't bad. Had one for a rental last year when we went to Texas. Overall, a decent ride for sure. MORE tech than I thought it'd have (blind spot, lane change, cruise 'control'). I'm assuming more of that tech would eventually be Federal changes in the near future?

Either way, it's definitely a solid ride for sure. Just wished it was priced around the Mirages lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    If it was just me driving alone I'd have kept my mirage but just was too small for three kids too and this new corolla has way more safety features and ten airbags plus bigger etc.

As for the tundra it was a hard decision but a logical one.
    I no longer pull any trailers, I don't haul heavy loads regularly or even semi regularly. And because we have the sedona van, it's not even used as a family hauler anymore.

So it was just me in it daily averaging 14mpg. When it was below zero I was getting 12ish around town.
    Plus used truck prices are insanely high! Especially Toyota's. I got ON TRADE only 5,500 less than I bought it for five years ago, that's insane.

So we paid the sedona off with the extra. It just made sense. And now I have a warranty again to boot, the tundra just ran out. And the corolla gets 3x the mileage.

If gas continues to go up, which I'm sure it will plus as the truck got older, the value would drop a good bit I'm sure.
    I was only stating what I would like. I would rather have a Tundra truck along with my Mirage. My daughters are grown up, been through college, & are married. My place in life is different than yours.

I envied your Kubota tractor the most!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-24-2021)