Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was sick of getting 14mpg daily, so........

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    These aren't bad. Had one for a rental last year when we went to Texas. Overall, a decent ride for sure. MORE tech than I thought it'd have (blind spot, lane change, cruise 'control'). I'm assuming more of that tech would eventually be Federal changes in the near future?

Either way, it's definitely a solid ride for sure. Just wished it was priced around the Mirages lol
    Yeah I was very suprised with the tech. It has the radar cruise which keeps its distance from other cars plus emergency brakes if you're eating taco bell and not watching the road. It also tracks itself around curves in the road although I haven't tried that yet. It has a camera facing out the windshield. It tells you the speed limits on the dash next to your speedometer.
    I also like the led head and taillights. Looks like hid lighting.
    I just hooked up the scangauge 2 and set up the transmission and coolant temp sensors. Will be nice to be able to monitor the cvt fluid temps.

Also to unlock the car you just put your hand in door handle and to lock you touch the handle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I was only stating what I would like. I would rather have a Tundra truck along with my Mirage. My daughters are grown up, been through college, & are married. My place in life is different than yours.

I envied your Kubota tractor the most!
    That's now at my parents place!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Mark (02-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Pryme - We no longer like you. Go away. J/K. I had a 2004 Corolla until my wife decided to let another car crash into the driver's side 2 doors. I'm a Toyota guy, and a former Toyota design engineer. But I couldn't be dissuaded away from the inexpensiveness of the Mirage, combined with the simplicity.

I have a LS 460L with all that crap you mention. I prefer the traditional cruise, and for the car to stay up outta my bidness. The electronals don't pay attention as well as I do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That's now at my parents place!
    I have tractors to play with at my parent's place, but they bought them not me. Actually, one of them was bought in 1948 by my grandfather. When my dad was a kid (8-10 years old), my grandmother (who never drove anything) would have my dad drive her, his two older sisters, & one younger brother into town on that tractor to see a picture show. They hid the tractor in a pine plantation on the edge of town. The tractor has push button start like Eggman's Mirage, but you didn't need a key fob in your pocket to start it. Times were tougher back then. Their second vehicle was the tractor.

My dad taught me to drive that tractor @ a very young age (3rd grade). I took my dad & mom for a drive (in their GMC Terrain, not the tractor) a couple years ago around the homestead he grew up at. He starting telling me these stories, & I started connecting the dots. My dad started driving very young, too!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-25-2021),Pryme (02-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Pryme - We no longer like you. Go away. J/K. I had a 2004 Corolla until my wife decided to let another car crash into the driver's side 2 doors. I'm a Toyota guy, and a former Toyota design engineer. But I couldn't be dissuaded away from the inexpensiveness of the Mirage, combined with the simplicity.

I have a LS 460L with all that crap you mention. I prefer the traditional cruise, and for the car to stay up outta my bidness. The electronals don't pay attention as well as I do.
    Ls460 is a beaut. Great car.
    Yeah I will probably turn off the lane keep as It nudges my wheel if you even deliberately drift out to clear a patch of ice or something in the road etc. Also the pedestrian thing is annoying so I'll turn that off too. If someone is walking on the side of the road it beeps lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ls460 is a beaut. Great car.
    Yeah I will probably turn off the lane keep as It nudges my wheel if you even deliberately drift out to clear a patch of ice or something in the road etc. Also the pedestrian thing is annoying so I'll turn that off too. If someone is walking on the side of the road it beeps lol
    Here I spent 6 hours teaching students how to drive today. These modern cars are starting to make me feel obsolete & unneeded.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    You're not NOT NEEDED. Lesson #1 through #10, PUT DOWN THE DAMN PHONE! There's no modern electronics to learn 'em that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Went 13 days on my first tank courtesy of the dealer. 364.5 miles and put back 10.37 gallons. Pretty impressive for a 3k lb car that is not broken in yet.

Not far off my mirage numbers. Will see how it goes by summer. I expect a little bump.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Went 13 days on my first tank courtesy of the dealer. 364.5 miles and put back 10.37 gallons. Pretty impressive for a 3k lb car that is not broken in yet.

Not far off my mirage numbers. Will see how it goes by summer. I expect a little bump.
    35 mpg - I would hope a Corolla, Civic, Rio, & Accent would get something like that. All the cars in that class size should be able to achieve mid-30's without much effort.

I have the same 2017 5-speed manual powertrain that your two Mirages had, & I have never had a tank of gas average that low regardless of the time of year or speed traveled.

The Corolla is surely heavier & has more power (139 - 169 hp) than a Mirage. If I lived in the Fox Valley, Green Bay, or Milwaukee area, I would be happier driving a Corolla, too. Well, not really! I don't like sedans. It would have to be a Corolla hatchback. Where I live, however, I still rather have your Toyota pickup & a Mirage!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Here I spent 6 hours teaching students how to drive today. These modern cars are starting to make me feel obsolete & unneeded.
    Start your own your "manual only" driving school.