Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage exhaust mods summed up. (Factory setup is best)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    You can buy a plug-in ECU mod to unleash the power though, it will rise from 71 to 80 on 1.0L engines. Here it cost 350 euro
    Where can you get that?

And yeah, as speedlab also has shown, by optimizing the ignition timing mostly, the 1.2 can gain a decent amount of power too.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Snap, eh? Is the ECU tune available for all motors and airflow monitoring systems? Any links?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    did you guys only do the muffler or did they do the whole thing from the cat? I was gonna do 2 and a quarter pipe with a small muffler

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I retained the first cat, from there 1.75 back to a 2 inch inlet/outlet muffler, then 1.75 to the tailpipe. I also retained the stock muffler location. Sounds great and definitely got a bump in power and no I didn't dyno it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ima do just the exhaust tomorrow do you kno if the intake works better hot or cold on the mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A cold air intake will usually produce more power. I feel the stock intake is sufficient so I've left it alone.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    saw this.
    http://youtu.be/Pyy4ECH5v_4

heres what they did
    "removed the middle muffler, then transfered the resonator, and the tip using freeflow muffler. "

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not a fan of that kind of muffler (Fart can ) . When the weather improves I'll get a clip up of mine. It's much deeper and visually looks stock. When I tell people it's a 3 they can't believe it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to silverstreak For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (02-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    all cars benefit from colder intake temps, colder air plus more fuel equals more power, period. Now granted, sometimes a company will state X to XX power gain from just adding an intake, but sometimes those numbers are TUNED increase, but you will still gain something from simple part swaps. Granted, I wouldn't just slap a random intake on it, most of the time the intake kits of name brand companies actually go through RnD, were as off brand companies or start up companies might just slap something together and sell it as a gaining part when there was no RnD at all.

the exhaust should help too, depending on the design. RnD is everything, as I said you can't just slap something together and expect it to gain power. there is another thread where "adding an exhaust does nothing" but I doubt those exhaust systems went through proper RnD before being sold! Even then, most exhaust mods I've seen on this car, are stock pipe, muffler removed, and a new muffler installed. That isn't really an "aftermarket exhaust" more of just a "custom" exhaust.

Mighty Car Mods did a cold air dyno check, and for those who DON'T want to watch, they made 3-5 hp with just a cold air intake, no tune!

Almost all cars today are "eco tuned" in a sense that everything is meant to get you more MPG and "safe for environment" type bull****. Even the Mirage is an "eco" car, especially when they brag 38-44 MPG. Swapping out those eco designed parts for performance designed parts will gain you power, but to get the biggest gains however, you will need a tune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Now as for the every present question of "what muffler should I use?" The answer is it doesn't matter, as long as it's just the end section, the size can be anywhere from 2-2.5" inlet. Mufflers add zero power BTW
    so does this mean that i can put an intake and changing the exaust tip will be ok? i remembered someone told me that once with an intake setup the exhaust should be changed. not sure as to how since im no mechanic and doesnt know much about this things.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)