Thread: I have nearly a dozen ABS codes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I have nearly a dozen ABS codes.

Hey all, I've been ignoring the ABS light for a while and I just checked the codes. There's 10, here they are below with what my quick search correlated each to:
    C1340 - brake light switch
    C1860 - ecu high voltage
    U1104 - steering wheel sensor
    U0401 - invalid data from ecm
    C1505 - steering wheel sensor
    U1108 - abs ecu issue?
    U1100 - ecm abs communication
    U1109 - fault in CAN bus
    C1201 - wheel speed sensor short
    C1206 - front left wheel speed sensor short

One thing of note is that if it's rainy, the abs lights turn off. I haven't had a chance to check the codes while the lights are off yet, but I will the next time it's raining. The lights turn off sometimes when it's snowy too, but not always. I suspect it's an exposed wire somewhere that's corroded or broken, but I checked behind the kick panel (most commonly suggested area) and everything looks fine and dandy. No schmoo, all the connectors look shiny. I'm running regular bulbs, no LEDs or anything special. My upper brake light turns on fine when I press the pedal, but the tail lights don't seem to get brighter. Any suggestions for my next steps? Thanks in advance!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, so I might be an idiot. In fact, I likely am. I saw all these threads saying "Try replacing the brake lights, that can cause all sorts of weird codes". But my brake lights worked, surely it couldn't be that! Well I checked again, and I realized something. I was checking the middle/top brake light, not the actual brake lights. I saw my tail lights working and assumed everything was fine. Nope. I just replaced the bulbs, and instantly the abs lights went away. That also means I've been driving without brake lights for a year, without abs, in all sorts of inclement weather, and quietly stressing out in the back of my mind for no reason 🤦*♀️. At least it's fixed...

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RavenMirage2015 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-27-2021),foama (02-27-2021),Fummins (02-27-2021),inuvik (02-27-2021),Mark (02-27-2021),ThunderG (02-27-2021),Top_Fuel (02-27-2021)

You're not the first or the last to do that. Glad you figured it out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Burned out taillight bulbs causes HAVOC in these cars...for some reason.