Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Auto

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Android Auto

I ha e a 2020 Mirage ES. When I plug my phone in the usb it says unsupported device. Therefore I cannot get Android Auto to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    l don't believe the ES models came with android auto...my car is a base ES 2020 and doesn't have android auto. Some one else will have to chime in here. Fummins, where you at? lol
    Last edited by MirageRally; 02-28-2021 at 01:55 AM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taken1251993@cox.net View Post
    I ha e a 2020 Mirage ES. When I plug my phone in the usb it says unsupported device. Therefore I cannot get Android Auto to work. Anyone have any ideas?
    All the specs for a 2020 ES Mirage are still available on the Mitsubishi website.

The ES models do not come with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto according to the manufacturer specs. Check in "convenience" features below -

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirag...specifications

Apple CarPlay & Android Auto are standard on all trim levels of the 2021 models.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/2021/specs
    Last edited by Mark; 02-28-2021 at 03:00 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (02-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Bustin' open this thread again.

I haven't tried the Android Auto. But the way I read the "Owner's Handbook," it seems as though you just need android auto downloaded on your phone. Then slap in the wire from phone to the car's usb, and follow some prompts. It doesn't specify in the handbook that I have, that this is not possible with the ES ... but it could the case.

I guess I could try it. But apps like this don't usually excite me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Bustin' open this thread again.

I haven't tried the Android Auto. But the way I read the "Owner's Handbook," it seems as though you just need android auto downloaded on your phone.

I guess I could try it. But apps like this don't usually excite me.
    I don't even know what Android Auto is, & that may indicate how much I care? I could probably guess what it does.

I miss simple dashes that had simple gauges for the engine. Some of today's dashes look pretty repulsive to me. They look like a cluttered mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    l don't believe the ES models came with android auto...my car is a base ES 2020 and doesn't have android auto. Some one else will have to chime in here. Fummins, where you at? lol
    I dunno. What type of fuel are they running? That's relevant right?

Edit: I guess all the smart posted lately is contagious. It took me this long to realize your post is from February.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I almost took a job with Panasonic. The division that makes digital clusters / infotainment for vehicles. I'm glad I wound up not doing it, because I actually strongly dislike all that crap. First of all digital displays don't excite me at all. And the ability to customize the dash 4,000 different ways? What? Does everyone these days want a Disney ride, or a car?

Give me a big old tach, a medium speedo, and some small gauges of everything that a MAN could find interesting. All analog please.

Gas, coolant, oil temp, trans temp, tire pressures maybe. You know, gauge up all the hardware, like NASA does rockets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-06-2021)

I agree. I like simpler. I even regret mounting a 19" tv in my truck. It was a good deal though!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Android Auto is a cool idea wherein your phone gets projected onto the car's infotainment screen.

In theory, it's great. In practice, it sucks. Pretty much everyone other than Ford has the interface running at <=30fps, so everything ends up feeling incredibly choppy, even on super high-end sets. Apps also need to have a dedicated "Android Auto mode," or else they won't appear on your dash, and have to be used on the phone instead. However, if an app DOES have an Android Auto mode, you can ONLY use it on the dash while it's connected, and not on the phone. So you end up in this weird in-between world where half of your stuff is on your phone, and half of your stuff is on your car, and it's a coin toss as to what is where. Ugh. Total mess.

Unfortunately, you're generally better off just getting a phone mount and just using your car stereo for audio via Bluetooth. At least then you know where everything is, everything works, and phones are generally just as big as the infotainment screens in cars now, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Give me a big old tach, a medium speedo, and some small gauges of everything that a MAN could find interesting. All analog please.
    ???

Personally, I've always asked for the gauges that show everything that a DOG could find interesting.

Analog is the way to go with the gauges, though, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Android Auto is a cool idea wherein your phone gets projected onto the car's infotainment screen.

In theory, it's great. In practice, it sucks. Pretty much everyone other than Ford has the interface running at <=30fps, so everything ends up feeling incredibly choppy, even on super high-end sets. Apps also need to have a dedicated "Android Auto mode," or else they won't appear on your dash, and have to be used on the phone instead. However, if an app DOES have an Android Auto mode, you can ONLY use it on the dash while it's connected, and not on the phone. So you end up in this weird in-between world where half of your stuff is on your phone, and half of your stuff is on your car, and it's a coin toss as to what is where. Ugh. Total mess.

Unfortunately, you're generally better off just getting a phone mount and just using your car stereo for audio via Bluetooth. At least then you know where everything is, everything works, and phones are generally just as big as the infotainment screens in cars now, anyway.

??

Personally, I've always asked for the gauges that show everything that a DOG could find interesting.

Analog is the way to go with the gauges, though, definitely.
    I forgot there’s like 10 different genders now isn’t there.

Mirage videos: