Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner of a 2015 Mirage DE CVT

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It would be interesting to know if your car was used only for very short trips over that time period, or it has been sitting for long time somewhere?

It should serve you well for a very long time! Welcome to the forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    But I'd love to hear the back story on this one.
    It was purchased for small drives to the grocery store etc. It was sitting in the owners garage this entire time. They still did routine maintenance on it (oil change etc) even though they stopped driving the last 2 years. They were a bit old so I'm assuming they just stopped driving due to health reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Welcome and if I ever catch you on the streets I'll smack you down with my long winged duck style from the Shaolin temple!
    Our Mirage battle would unfortunately end in a tie because... we're both Mirages. Can't have a winner if both cars are the best in the world.

スペーススター

Supēsusutā

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supesusuta For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-03-2021),Top_Fuel (03-03-2021)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by supesusuta View Post
    It is indeed sitting at under 2600 miles on the odometer. Its in such great shape I couldn't pass it up.
    Count me as another who wants to know the back story on your car!! That's unusual.

I also once bought a "nearly new old car". My 1998 Pontiac Firefly (Canadian market Chevy Metro) had just 2,500 km (1,500 mi.) on the odometer when I got it at 8 years old. It was originally bought by a little old lady who drove it to church & shopping for part of the first year, and then she moved to France. She parked the car in her daughter's garage (on this side of the pond), intending to have the car shipped overseas after she got there, but she unfortunately fell ill and gave up driving. She never did anything with the car, so it sat in her daughter's garage for 7 more years until after she passed away. I bought it from the daughter. It still smelled new inside after 8 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome!

Count me as another who wants to know the back story on your car!! That's unusual.
    Old person bought it for small time trips, grocery shopping etc, clocked in 2k miles in the first 2 years, then just stopped using it the last 2... Kept in a garage the whole time. It was maintained as per the Carfax so I don't think I'll need to do much, but we'll see! I also just ordered an I-drive throttle control kit for it as well. As for your story, that is seriously awesome. The Firefly is a super sexy car. Still got it?
    スペーススター

Supēsusutā

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supesusuta For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-05-2021),MirageRally (03-06-2021)

Similar-ish story!

Yeah, I've still got the Firefly. 23 years old and it's up to ~45k km = 28k miles now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    so it sat in her daughter's garage for 7 more years until after she passed away. I bought it from the daughter. It still smelled new inside after 8 years.
    It didn't move in this 7 years? I suppose the battery and tires were flat. Did you have to do a lot to get it running again?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Correct - it didn't move. It sat in the daughter's garage and was used as a shelf (so, unfortunately, there were some big scratches in the otherwise perfect paint).

The original tires were actually OK & full of air. No flat spots. And I still have them - lots of tread left! Though I don't use them anymore.

Believe it or not, all it needed was a new battery. It started up immediately & ran fine on 7 year-old gas, though I was prepared to drain |& re-fill the tank when I came to pick up the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supesusuta View Post
    Old person bought it for small time trips, grocery shopping etc, clocked in 2k miles in the first 2 years, then just stopped using it the last 2... Kept in a garage the whole time. It was maintained as per the Carfax so I don't think I'll need to do much, but we'll see! I also just ordered an I-drive throttle control kit for it as well. As for your story, that is seriously awesome. The Firefly is a super sexy car. Still got it?
    Older people know how to maintain cars and it's great when you find someone who takes care of the car...I've come across many where the body of the car was great, but mechanically was not.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is really suspicious that the miles are that low. And also that the car say 2 years undriven. You would think at that point that most people would just sell a car if they did not plan to drive it again for 2 years. Anyways I would assume oil has not been changed on the years the car sat dormant so I would change all fluids if I was the buyer. Everything: coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil.

I thought I had the lowest miles 2015 on this forum at 21,000 miles but you got me beat! Also my 60k warranty just ended due to time lapse just now in March of 2021

Have not had any trouble other than bringing car to dealer for a recall they issued on the airbag programming software update.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-06-2021),MetroMPG (03-06-2021)

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    That is really suspicious that the miles are that low. And also that the car say 2 years undriven.
    I should clarify - the last 2 years of ownership, the car was only driven 300 miles per year, which more or less sounds like nothing but short errands. Or just to get the motor running. Who knows. The car had routine maintenance (neccessary fluid changes etc) until it was sold to me. I will be picking it up in the next week or so, so I'll make sure to update with pics and all that jazz
    Last edited by supesusuta; 03-11-2021 at 03:18 AM.
    スペーススター

Supēsusutā

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supesusuta For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-07-2021),MetroMPG (03-07-2021),MirageRally (03-07-2021)

Still pretty remarkable.