Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video: 2021 Mirage ES 5 Speed Review, and a comparison of it vs. the 2018 model

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Video: 2021 Mirage ES 5 Speed Review, and a comparison of it vs. the 2018 model

Here is the video of my wife's new 2021 Mirage!

We love it so far, and I'm sure it will serve us well for many many years to come.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

AtomicPunk (03-04-2021),Christopher_B (03-04-2021),daleWV (03-23-2021),davidricardo86 (03-08-2021),Dirk Diggler (03-04-2021),dragon2knight (03-05-2021),Fummins (03-23-2021),inuvik (03-04-2021),MetroMPG (03-21-2021),MirageRally (03-06-2021),precisionxt (03-04-2021),ThunderG (03-04-2021),twister77 (03-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice review! Now I have the urge to upgrade my 2017; thanks a lot!...that was a good deal from White Bear, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did white bear ship the car to NC or did you have to arrange shipping at your cost? If you paid for the transportation can I ask how much it was? I wish I would have bought from white bear. We paid about 50% more at Tim Short. No cargo mat. They put 300 miles driving it up here (no break in procedure) and of course screwed up my rear bumper.. I know where I will be getting my next Mitsu.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    Did white bear ship the car to NC or did you have to arrange shipping at your cost? If you paid for the transportation can I ask how much it was? I wish I would have bought from white bear. We paid about 50% more at Tim Short. No cargo mat. They put 300 miles driving it up here (no break in procedure) and of course screwed up my rear bumper.. I know where I will be getting my next Mitsu.

They took care of setting up the shipping. The cost was all rolled into the deal. It was about 48 hours from the time I sent the paperwork back to them that the car shipped and 36 hours later It arrived in great shape. It was a really good deal from some really nice folks.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (03-05-2021),dragon2knight (03-05-2021),Fummins (03-04-2021),inuvik (03-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    We paid about 50% more at Tim Short. No cargo mat.
    Ouch! Not trying to throw salt into the wound. I've been praising White Bear since joining the forum in 2017. I am sure some of the old timers are sick of me doing that, but these cars are an excellent value. Especially when you can buy a new one at a highly discounted price.

I paid less than 66% window sticker for my brand new Mirage in 2017, and I didn't qualify for the loyalty rebate back then. Someone like Erik would qualify for the $1,000 loyalty rebate, because he has a 2018 Mirage. Erik may have qualified for the military rebate, too? Regardless of the rebates/discounts, these cars can be a great value.

I really like my Mirage, but I wouldn't pay a lot of money for one. I have always said that I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for one. Almost 4 years later, it's nice to know that I could still buy a brand new Mirage ES manual for $10,000-11,000 OTD.

I might add - backup camera, Bluetooth, cruise control, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, auto climate controls, outside temperature display, & brake assist have all become standard items in the base model since 2017.

When someone searches for a Mirage review on youtube.com, Erik's review should come up first (not that bozo Doug Demuro). American car snobs have done the American public a disservice when it comes to these cars!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (03-05-2021)

Another excellent video! Nice job.

However there is a woman leaving multiple comments who seems absolutely dismayed at your choice in vehicles! Junk! Haven't you ever driven a better car??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Another excellent video! Nice job.

However, there is a woman leaving multiple comments who seems absolutely dismayed at your choice in vehicles! Junk! Haven't you ever driven a better car??

Ha! Yup, as I have grown into my job as a semi-pro Youtuber, I have come to realize that there are a few VERY strange folks out there.
    This one popped up with some inaccurate info on the Mirage, and I corrected her. Then... She went full blown nuts. 20 posts a day on every Mirage video I put out for day after day. Yesterday, I banned her. She's just a nut job, and had no real idea what she was talking about. One post claimed that the VW Golf was a better car! Good god, ANYONE that would recommend a VW to another human is not someone I'd want to speak with.

Anyway, my wife is still loving her new car and now that the crazy car lady has been muted, our lives will go on as normal.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-23-2021),Fummins (03-23-2021),MetroMPG (03-23-2021)

There are a lot of crazies for sure! That lionel guy is always trolling on youtube about how they're unsafe. Damn tin foil hat wearing basement dwellers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    Ha! Yup, as I have grown into my job as a semi-pro Youtuber, I have come to realize that there are a few VERY strange folks out there.
    This one popped up with some inaccurate info on the Mirage, and I corrected her. Then... She went full blown nuts. 20 posts a day on every Mirage video I put out for day after day. Yesterday, I banned her. She's just a nut job, and had no real idea what she was talking about. One post claimed that the VW Golf was a better car! Good god, ANYONE that would recommend a VW to another human is not someone I'd want to speak with.

Anyway, my wife is still loving her new car and now that the crazy car lady has been muted, our lives will go on as normal.
    You talking about "Barbra"? Its just some incel neckbeard LARPing as a wonan and s$it posting on every Mirage thread. I'm convinced it's just a salty dude who knew a mirage driving girl in high school who refuted his advances.

I tell folks straight up the pros and cons for owners that don't know a lot about cars. Pros: price, warranty, better CVT reliability vs Nissan, proven 18 year old timing chained engine, good mpg. Cons: shady dealerships, expensive OEM parts, small aftermarket for shops to pull from, loud interior, bad seats.

Personally, I try to avoid saying things like "bad seats". Seat comfort is really subjective.

Though I do point out that the 6-way adjustable seats are better than the base 4-way seats... for obvious reasons.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)