Thread: Help needed with OEM Cruise Controle Spacestar 2019 CVT intense european model

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Help needed with OEM Cruise Controle Spacestar 2019 CVT intense european model

Hello All,

I have read I think all threads about OEM cruise control switch. But I am still confused.

What I have found sofar what I need:

1 - Toyota Mini VCI cable (ordered).
    2 - Cruise control plate (which).

The blind spot does not have a gray border but a chrome border

Name:  stuur-klein.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  63.0 KB

I have already checked if there is a cruise control cable behind it, and there is

Name:  stuurwiel-open-klein.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  47.3 KB

Here's what I want to know

The Cruise control has some resistors on it and I did not find back which one cruise control plate has which resistors.

I found a plate for the mirage on Aliexpress and this one has a black plate similar to the audio plate that is already in the car, and mentioned that it fits the Mirage 2015

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001757452149.html

The question is, is this the right one, or do I order better from a dealer?

I am not technical and need some guidance here and there when I start with the project.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    afaik the switch with black piano trim only has one type of resistors.
    You also need to check if the clockspring has full 10 pins, and cable from clockspring to ECM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hello FreeYourSOUL,

I have read that some people were lucky with a CVT and audio on their leather steering wheel who only had to add the cruise control switch and enabled the cruise control with the etac. When that is not the case I have more questions end need more help ;-)

afaik the switch with black piano trim only has one type of resistors.
    Is this a yes it has the correct resistors for a 2019 VCT? Sorry English is not my native language

I am afraid that I am thinking too light about this.

The clockspring, I have to think about if I can do that myself .

I tried to take some pictures if I see a brake switch. Do I have to remove the plate below the steering wheel? Did I notice two screws, unscrew them and remove it? Then I can make better pictures.

With my phone, I could not make better ones

Name:  switch-onder-dashbord-001.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  60.7 KB
    Name:  switch-onder-dashbord.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  82.3 KB
    Last edited by ToXiQ; 03-06-2021 at 04:43 PM. Reason: adding info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    yes, the black piano trim has correct resistors for all mirage. Or if you are searching from aliexpress, the switch that said for mitsubishi xpander can also used for mirage, they has same resistors.

The clockspring, take off steering column cover. Behind steering wheel check the wires coming from white connector. Unplug it and see the pin inside the connector.
    Name:  20180826_092001sss.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  20190606_121006.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  81.9 KB

The brake switch, just unplug the connector, see inside the switch if has 4 pins also has 4 wires coming from connector.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

ToXiQ (03-07-2021)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I checked the brake switch, it has 4 wires, or do I remove it and check inside as wel?

Name:  brake-switch.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  82.5 KB

I saw Daox thread where he explained it I found it also in the manual but I relink his screenshot

Also that link as a reference with lot of photo's how he did this.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post68736

now find some guts to remove the cover and check the clockspring
    Last edited by ToXiQ; 03-07-2021 at 12:44 PM. Reason: extra info

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    you need to unplug it to see the inside as well

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    yes, the black piano trim has correct resistors for all mirage. Or if you are searching from aliexpress, the switch that said for mitsubishi xpander can also used for mirage, they has same resistors.

The clockspring, take off steering column cover. Behind steering wheel check the wires coming from white connector. Unplug it and see the pin inside the connector.
    Name:  20180826_092001sss.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  20190606_121006.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  81.9 KB

The brake switch, just unplug the connector, see inside the switch if has 4 pins also has 4 wires coming from connector.
    i think you just have to change the clock spring with the unit equipped with cruise control its all plug en play.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

ToXiQ (03-08-2021)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Busy these days, need to find some time to remove the steering wheel cover to check the wires from the clockspring. And will double-check if the orange switch has 4 pins in the switch or two, I saw a photo on the forum with 4 pins

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    The cable is very poorly available, and in the last 5 orders has been canceled 1 day after the delivery date passed. Even if I asked the cable was in stock. And is getting more and more expensive in Europe to order. Finally I found a cable and after some problems finding the right mini-vci drivers I installed it on a windows 10 laptop. See, the setting under engine "CRUISE CONTROL" and "CRUISE CONTROL OPTION CODING" is ENABLED .

The mmcodewriter version 2.3 has also an editor, I used that one. The MUT coding Mitsubitsie is not free anymore, to get it working you have to pay 20€. that's too bad since you can't use the mmodwriter if the car is not connected (the editor function)
    Name:  eco-foto.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  91.0 KB

I also recieved the cruisecontrol plate (aliexpres)

Name:  cruise-module.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  67.3 KB

After the programming, I disconnected the battery and then changed the blindplate.

I know now that the cruise control is not working, the clock spring has one row instead of 2 rows connectors :-(
    Name:  clock-spring.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  90.6 KB

The connector has 2 rows of cables (original cable).
    Name:  clockspring-kabel-audio-cruise.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  74.5 KB

I will buy a clockspring from the junkyard or from Aliexpres and will then change the clockspring to see if it is going to work with this modification.

I also have seen that the cruise light is not present, This is a model 2018 car.

Last edited by ToXiQ; 05-02-2021 at 12:49 PM.