Thread: Woof

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Woof

Mitsubishi Express Van Earns Australia's First-Ever Zero-Star Safety Rating

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39656/...-safety-rating

Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-10-2021 at 01:47 PM. Reason: (added more info to post)
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Saw that article, sad thing is it's not even a Mitsubishi, it's a Renault with Mitsubishi badging. Mitsu just gets to get the bad press.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Saw that article, sad thing is it's not even a Mitsubishi, it's a Renault with Mitsubishi badging. Mitsu just gets to get the bad press.
    If Mitsubishi survives the merger with Renault/Nissan, I will find that incredible. The fact that the new Outlander is a Rogue in disguise already makes me start to question it.

The 0 rating is a bit over done. I would take a good driver in that van over a bad driver in the safest rated cargo van.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    The real kicker for the van comes from its lack of active safety systems.
    The vehicle has no automatic emergency braking, period.
    It won't stop for pedestrians, stationary objects, other cars, anything.
    Ummm....neither will a Mirage or any other vehicle I own!

I wonder what the Mirage's "safety rating" score is in Australia.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you read the article it did OKAY on the crash tests. They failed it for not having lane departure warning, automatic braking for everything, self driving, and who knows what else. Their test even wants a speed governor.

If this is the case give me the least safe car possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Ummm....neither will a Mirage or any other vehicle I own!
    That's what I thought! I'd rather have a good driver who doesn't own a cell phone in the seat!

Basing new vehicles on all these latest features is so stupid.

I still remember Doug DeMuro harping on the fact the Mirage manual door locks aren't colored (show red when they are unlocked). How stupid? Our 2016 Focus driver's education cars don't have manual door locks period. You can't manually lock up the car. It's power locks or nothing. I suppose you could lock the driver's door with the key, but if your battery was removed you couldn't lock up the rest of the car.

I've sort taken note of other car locks & realize it dumber to not have the manual locks as back up. Who cares if they are colored? I use my remote lock button & walk away. Harping on that when every Mirage has power locks in the States is so stupid. Then again, I don't think Doug DeMuro would be the brightest lightbulb in the room.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's what I thought! I'd rather have a good driver who doesn't own a cell phone in the seat!

Basing new vehicles on all these latest features is so stupid.

I still remember Doug DeMuro harping on the fact the Mirage manual door locks aren't colored (show red when they are unlocked). How stupid? Our 2016 Focus driver's education cars don't have manual door locks period. You can't manually lock up the car. It's power locks or nothing. I suppose you could lock the driver's door with the key, but if your battery was removed you couldn't lock up the rest of the car.

I've sort taken note of other car locks & realize it dumber to not have the manual locks as back up. Who cares if they are colored? I use my remote lock button & walk away. Harping on that when every Mirage has power locks in the States is so stupid. Then again, I don't think Doug DeMuro would be the brightest lightbulb in the room.
    He didn't even know what an air vent was lol. I hope to Christ he goes back on Reddit and does another "ask me anything" thread so I can further question him.