Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan Rogue using Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 1.5L turbo? Article link

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/turb...core-gx/66162/

My neighbour just got one of these. I'll get a chance to check it out soon enough.
    A 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo has been the option for the Ford Ecosport (FWD Models came with it), too.

AWD models came with a 4-cylinder non-turbo. I haven't check them out recently, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Really eh, I'd be interested in hearing their real-world MPG numbers in the Canadian climate.

If lots of countries are banning sales of new gas cars by 2030, then maybe the last "gasp" will be 3 banger turbos. You would think that Encore GX has a big V6 just by the looks of it.
    I heard more like 2035 at the earliest in the U.S. at least. If that happens it would be a phenomenal year to sell cars because I guarantee it will be a record year for ice car sales ha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I heard more like 2035 at the earliest in the U.S. at least. If that happens it would be a phenomenal year to sell cars because I guarantee it will be a record year for ice car sales ha

Build an alternative that people want over what currently exists is all that is necessary.

Banning things? Those who embrace banning things should share how their alternative plan is superior. If their plan is superior, banning becomes unnecessary. I seriously want to live in a country where we still embrace freedom & choice.

Banning & mandatory are not my favorite words. Not saying they are bad in all cases, however.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-16-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Mandatory seat belts means less tax money spent repairing broken bones at the public hospital. Helps everyone in the pocketbook, except maybe funeral directors. I'm pro-choice as well. Always a balance between public good and individual choice. But like they say, one person's freedom ends, where another's begins, so that's the golden rule.

If everyone benefits from clean air, it's probably the right choice. If my neighbour decides to rig up a homemade outdoor coal-burning furnace, that's not fair for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Mandatory seat belts means less tax money spent repairing broken bones at the public hospital. Helps everyone in the pocketbook, except maybe funeral directors. I'm pro-choice as well. Always a balance between public good and individual choice. But like they say, one person's freedom ends, where another's begins, so that's the golden rule.

If everyone benefits from clean air, it's probably the right choice. If my neighbour decides to rig up a homemade outdoor coal-burning furnace, that's not fair for me.
    People should wear seat belts regardless of the law, but I guess it's a mandate against stupidity. I pay for my own health care costs and insurance premiums, which have risen significantly in recent years.

I like living where my neighbor's outdoor wood burning stove doesn't bother me, nor does my small woodstove/fireplace in my basement bother him.

I don't see seat belt laws as being the same as banning the sale of gas powered cars. I would hate to see the rest of our country become like California (where everything you touch can cause cancer).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2021)

Yup, I'm against mandatory seat-belts(for adults) and other protect the stupid people laws. If someone gets ejected in an accident cause they don't believe in seat-belts just let them figure it out. As long as they don't come flying into my car and dent it I don't care. Those potholes ain't gonna fill themselves.
    Same with smoking, smoke em if you gottem but pay for all the health issues down the road out of your pocket not mine.
    And then there's motorcycle helmets....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Build an alternative that people want over what currently exists is all that is necessary.

Banning things? Those who embrace banning things should share how their alternative plan is superior. If their plan is superior, banning becomes unnecessary. I seriously want to live in a country where we still embrace freedom & choice.

Banning & mandatory are not my favorite words. Not saying they are bad in all cases, however.
    If I was president I would ban prohibition of marijuana and make using it, mandatory.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    If I was president I would ban prohibition of marijuana and make using it, mandatory.
    Banning a ban? Sounds like two negatives making a positive to me!

Mandating the use of marijuana, however? I'd still rather have a choice in the matter!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Dirk for president?? What would that campaign poster look like? And why am i drawn to this notion in the first place?

What would be your first order of business - separating Mitsubishi from Nissan, or replacing Nissan's engineering with Mitsubishi reps?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Dirk for president?? What would that campaign poster look like? And why am i drawn to this notion in the first place?

What would be your first order of business - separating Mitsubishi from Nissan, or replacing Nissan's engineering with Mitsubishi reps?
    Make all the manufacturers CEOs explain how planned obsolescence is in the consumers best interests, end the drug war, adopt an Australian style point policy immigration system, protect gun owners rights, install a single payer public option for healthcare, not endorse free college for all but endorse subsidize technical college for people willing to work on our infrastructure or for our health system, discourage polarizing identity politics, raise the minimum wage, make it a federal crime to complain about comedian's bits offending you, and expanding our 2 party system to a 5 party system. And free cats.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (03-17-2021)