Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Mirage: Severe Maintenance Schedule (@ 48,000KM) question

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2019 Mirage: Severe Maintenance Schedule (@ 48,000KM) question

Hello guys/gals,

We have a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage (1.2 / CVT) - ~ 55,000 KM
    I have a servicing question, as pertains to meeting the warranty requirements.

Severe Maintenance Schedule (@ 48,000KM):
    Change automatic transaxle/transmission fluid.

Would drain & fill the CVT be sufficient, to meet the warranty requirements?

The dealership wants to charge over $300 Cdn. to 'flush' the transmission, so I wanted to know if I get another shop to drain/fill, if that would be ok for this transmission?

thanks in advance,
    Marc

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow that sounds expensive. I would check around before you get them to do it.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Does Canada have Aamco? Or does Tim Horton's also have an automotive branch? I'd start with Aamco, they charged me $200US for a drain, fill, pan drop and magnet cleaning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Marc999 (03-16-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'd start with Aamco, they charged me $200US for a drain, fill, pan drop and magnet cleaning.
    It's about the same... $200.oo USD is ~ $250.00 CAD so I don't really see a lot of difference, but it does sound like a lot for a couple quarts of fluid. Are they including the 2 filters???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc999 View Post
    Hello guys/gals,

We have a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage (1.2 / CVT) - ~ 55,000 KM
    I have a servicing question, as pertains to meeting the warranty requirements.

Severe Maintenance Schedule (@ 48,000KM):
    Change automatic transaxle/transmission fluid.

Would drain & fill the CVT be sufficient, to meet the warranty requirements?

The dealership wants to charge over $300 Cdn. to 'flush' the transmission, so I wanted to know if I get another shop to drain/fill, if that would be ok for this transmission?

thanks in advance,
    Marc
    Hello Marc and welcome to the forum.

$300 Canadian doesn't sound too terribly expensive especially if it is a true complete flush with new filters. A simple drain and fill shouldn't cost that much. Get some more details about the service, maybe shop around some. One forum member (Dirk, who posted above) in the US state of Georgia had a good experience using AAMCO.

A complete flush with filter replacement (there's two filters) beats a drain & fill.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Marc999 (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I hate to agree with ^ but he’s right. I’d ask if it’s an actual flush or just a drain and fill. To actually flush it would take a bit more work on a mirage seeing as how it doesn’t have external transmission lines to actually flush the fluid. They’d have to remove the heat exchanger and temporarily replace it with a Nissan style Cooler.
    If it’s a drain and fill do it yourself. Or pay anyone that owns a 10mm socket and ratchet to do it for you.
    I would quiz them on how a CVT flush is achieved and see if their answer is anything like what you just described.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Marc and welcome to the forum.

$300 Canadian doesn't sound too terribly expensive especially if it is a true complete flush with new filters. A simple drain and fill shouldn't cost that much. Get some more details about the service, maybe shop around some. One forum member (Dirk, who posted above) in the US state of Georgia had a good experience using AAMCO.

A complete flush with filter replacement (there's two filters) beats a drain & fill.

Thanks for the reply.
    It simply says a transmission 'flush' on the email quote. Could inquire further.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since then, I have received another quote from an independent mechanic.

$~200 Cdn for a drain & fill (1 hr. labor + 3 quarts fluids). I highly doubt that would include filters, but don't know.

Is a drain & fill good enough for a car with ~ 55,000 km?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marc999 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-16-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would quiz them on how a CVT flush is achieved and see if their answer is anything like what you just described.

To put it mildly - this dealership is next level bizarre with their suggestions, so frankly I don't trust them.
    Suggesting things for this car that don't even exist on this vehicle. So I'm not entirely sure (outside of recalls, or the parts counter), the car should ever see their service bay again.
    At this point in time, prefer not to get into details - but would like to take it further at some point with the appropriate channels.

In other words, I wouldn't believe a word they say.
    I just wanted to get a feel for whether ~ $300 Cdn. would be a fair 'dealership' price, perhaps at a different shop.

But - if a drain & fill is good enough for a 2019 car with 55,000 km, then it's likely the route to take.
    Last edited by Marc999; 03-16-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Does Canada have Aamco? Or does Tim Horton's also have an automotive branch? I'd start with Aamco, they charged me $200US for a drain, fill, pan drop and magnet cleaning.
    Yeah, Tim Horton's now changes your oil while you wait for your donuts to be freshly made. It's an awesome new feature. I'll ask if they do trans.fluid changes next time I get a coffee

Thanks for the AAMCO suggestion, I'll have a look around.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marc999 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-16-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc999 View Post
    Yeah, Tim Horton's now changes your oil while you wait for your donuts to be freshly made. It's an awesome new feature. I'll ask if they do trans.fluid changes next time I get a coffee

Thanks for the AAMCO suggestion, I'll have a look around.
    You can do the filters the next time around after your 1st drain and fill. Hell I'm guessing you could do the filters just once and have a good chance of hitting 350kms?