Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 is the slowest selling car in the U.S.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Personally I think the biggest con for Nissan is they don't have a CVT service in the service recommendations. I have changed the fluid twice in my wife's Versa and it still runs well for 100k. Good fluid makes a huge difference in cars. I have 300k on my 4l60e in my S-10 almost nobody believes its the original transmission but I change the fluid every 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Personally I think the biggest con for Nissan is they don't have a CVT service in the service recommendations. I have changed the fluid twice in my wife's Versa and it still runs well for 100k. Good fluid makes a huge difference in cars. I have 300k on my 4l60e in my S-10 almost nobody believes its the original transmission but I change the fluid every 60k miles.
    Mitsubishi doesn't have service transmission in the regular service schedule either. At least not in the 14-17's Canadia book.. Only the severe schedule, which applies to 99% of Canada drivers.

We've got a couple 2006 4l80's with over 400,000miles on them. And one 2010' 6l90 that's blown up twice now in under 300,000miles.
    I'd say 300,000miles is very good for a 4l60. Maybe it's lasting longer being behind a v6? I usually see those blow up around 125,000miles in 1/2 ton v8 trucks.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-16-2021 at 02:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Odd. When I use the mits site for service info I see a CVT fluid change for every 30k. Now I have a 19 so they could have changed that or added it.

Hmm, mitsubishi Dealership website or Mitsu USA site? Maybe they did change things?
    I just checked a 2015 manual-calls for engine oil changes every 8000km/5000miles, otherwise just check everything else except the automatic transmission. It's like they pretend it's not there. They say to check manual transmission level and condition multiple times but never say to replace.

The severe schedule says to "change automatic transaxle/transmission fluid" and "change manual transaxle/transmission fluid" at 50,000km/30,000miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Odd. When I use the mits site for service info I see a CVT fluid change for every 30k. Now I have a 19 so they could have changed that or added it.
    This is under the severe maintenance plan. The regular service interval even on the 2019 model year in the US doesn't have any transmission maintenance. The severe is change fluid every 30k (what is this like 2 quarts of new fluid? lol) and never change the filters.

I want to do a full flush with both filters at around 60k...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Hmm, mitsubishi Dealership website or Mitsu USA site? Maybe they did change things?
    I just checked a 2015 manual-calls for engine oil changes every 8000km/5000miles, otherwise just check everything else except the automatic transmission. It's like they pretend it's not there. They say to check manual transmission level and condition multiple times but never say to replace.

The severe schedule says to "change automatic transaxle/transmission fluid" and "change manual transaxle/transmission fluid" at 50,000km/30,000miles.
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...nance-schedule
    This is the site I use when looking at service. I'm a bit weird about service and probably over do it lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    We got both the G4 and the hatch. The visibility is better in the G4 IMO. The trunk space is generous, no push thru though. Rear passenger legroom is better than in the hatch, more space than an Altima actually. If you got a small family the G4 is a more sensible choice. When my wife and I roadtrip, we prefer the G4 honestly.
    I can see the perspective but I see the mirage / g4 as a non child house hold car. Like just a single family or a college student car. I'd be inclined to step up to something bigger if I was trying to carry the family around.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-17-2021)

G4 has more rear legroom than a 2005 Camry too.

More rear crash protection than the hatchback.

More cargo security, maybe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Now if only they would bring back the Lancer...
    Rebadge the new Versa!

PROBLEM SOLVED. You're welcome.

I'm just waiting for the unsolicited corporate job offer from Nissan/Mitsubishi/Renault.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-16-2021),Fummins (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Rebadge the new Versa!

PROBLEM SOLVED. You're welcome.

I'm just waiting for the unsolicited corporate job offer from Nissan/Mitsubishi/Renault.
    Ionno your answer seems to just be to rebadge a lot of stuff lol